Official Double Kick Thread

Xplora

• Members

I'm looking into buying either the DW 9002 or the DW 5002 double bass pedals. If I'm not mistaken, the accelerator is an offset cam whereas the turbo is a center line cam. I've played on the 9002 pedals and loved the free floating rotor (energy transfer was smooth as well as a fast return), but haven't experienced the 5002AD3, 5002TD3, or 5002ND3 pedals. I was wondering what the main difference is (feel wise) between the accelerator style, turbo style, and nylon style?

• Members

Every time this topic comes up, I post this link:

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=60291

Based on non-biased, OBJECTIVE information, the Iron Cobra wins out in the battle of the big 3 (Tama, Pearl and DW)

Personal preference is another thing entirely. Personally, I use Iron Crobra Rolling Glide pedals. I've never had any issues with them. They have an amazing amount of adjustments that can be made to tailor the feel of them to you, and the adjustments are easy to make. I am faster on my ICs than 90% of the people I know who play drums.

With that in mind, there are pedals that are in a different bracket than the big 3. Axis is one of them. I think Axis is a love or hate thing, but there is no denying how good they are. You also have the Trick Pro 1-v and the new Pearl Demon Drive which I think fall in this category. I have seen some great reviews of the Trick pedal, but I have also seen some excellent drummers who had endorsement deals switch back to Axis. I haven't seen enough of the Pearl Demon Drive yet, so I can't really comment. But Tama needs to get off it's ass and put out a premium DD pedal too.

• Members

On my studio kit, which has two kicks, I use 22+ year old Sonor Signature Series pedals. Still play like the day I got 'em.

On the gigging kit, a middle pedal that DW custom made for me. Basically it's a 5002A, in the middle pedal configuration. GREAT pedal!

I also have a Sonor Giant Step middle pedal, which I love. Lately I've been using it on my teaching kit.

All these pedals play a little different, but you get used to it. The one thing they all share, is smooth and quick operation, and ease of adjustment.

I would like to try that new Pearl Demon Drive. It looks interesting, and I've heard some good things about it. The only bad thing is, I'm so used to the middle pedal feel and placement, that a conventional double would not work for me, or my setup.

• Members

I currently use the Trick Big Foot Pro - 1V's. Its an expensive set of pedals mind you. But they are excellent! fast, incredibly adjustable almost infinitely and extrememly smooth. Its the movable footboard and internal compression springs that set it apart for me.

Does anyone else play them? or am i alone haha

• Members

I picked up a Pearl Eliminator double today.... going to go hook it up in a bit and check it out. First double pedal and Guitar Center gave me 30 days to bring it back if I want to peep something else.

Is that the new Eliminator Demon Drive, or the regular Eliminator?

• Members

Here I am again at the lone outpost. As Darkslide intimated...it's a personal preference and what type of stuff you like to play. Personally speaking, my pedals of choice for the last couple of years before I gave up my single chain drive Camco (which I still use on my practice pad kit by the way) has been the 9315 Yamaha Flying Dragons. Smooth and a great power stroke, the chains or straps feel solid and can take my big old fat foot and make the pedal feel like just an extension of my leg. And I got them at a MF blowout sale at 129.00...such a deal! The bases are very secure! They play very well for me...and what do you know...they even make a right footed model for all you backward right handed players...(snicker snicker):poke::lol:

Archived