Me Soloing on my Dw's for the first time!

lildrummerboyroy

• Members

Okay, random -- that's almost exactly how I want my kit set up. The stand with two toms and a crash on it... is that the DW 9000 series one? I really want to get that but it's expensive as hell so I'm looking for other options. I wanted to mount a snare-on-a-stick on it too but I'm kinda worried that four things hanging on it would be bad. Ever had a problem with it falling?

• Members

Well, if it isn't another lil drummer boy. Spelled the same way too!

That's some nice playing. I like the kit too, I wish I could set my toms up like that, nice and low. But it never works out for me cause i always have a tom hitting the bass or some stupid problem.

I always enjoy watching other people play their kits. Reminds me of how much I suck. :D Joking aside, it shows me where I need to improve or improvise more since I'm like the only drummer around my parts and I have no one to compare to.

• Members

^Same here^

Dude you are like {censored}ing awesome, we both have a lot in common, I'm guessing you like Metallica and we both drum. Anyways how long have you been playing, lessons, and what kind of drums/cymbals are those? Lol that is kickass drumming, not to mention your guitar too, you got alot of talent :(

Oh and just out of curiousity, how old are you?

• Members

Creepingdeath-

Hey,

Thanks alot for the comments! I have been playing for 4 years. I took lessons for about 2.5 years but I dont think i learned much other than rudiments from that teacher, all the stuff I did there is just the Metalcore stuff I am just getting into. And I am 14 years old. The drums are Dw collector series maple drums. The specs are:

Drums Ebony Satin Oil, Black Chrome Hardware:

8x10

9x12

11x14

13x16

Snares:

Dw 6x14 Maple Snare

Dw 6.5x14 Brass Snare (not shown)

Pearl 3.5x13 Steel Picollo(not shown)

Sunlite 6.5x14 Steel Vented(not shown)

Cymbals:

14' A Custom Fast Crash

13' A Custom HiHats

14' K Custom Fast Crash (not shown)

16' K Custom Fast Crash (Not shown)

17' Z Custom Rock Crash

14' Zildjian Oriental China Crash

21' Paiste Signature Dry Heavy Ride

Hardware:

Dw 9002 double bass pedals

Dw 9000 Snare Stand

Dw 5000 hihat stand

Dw 9000 double tom standx2

Dw 9000 double floor tom stand

Pacific Snare Stand (Not shown)

Pacific Boom Stand

Roc N Soc Mac Saddle Drum Throne w/ Backrest

ProMark 747B Super Rock Japanese Oak Nylon Tip Sticks

• Members

Originally posted by lildrummerboyroy

Creepingdeath-

Hey,

Thanks alot for the comments! I have been playing for 4 years. I took lessons for about 2.5 years but I dont think i learned much other than rudiments from that teacher, all the stuff I did there is just the Metalcore stuff I am just getting into. And I am 14 years old. The drums are Dw collector series maple drums. The specs are:

Drums Ebony Satin Oil, Black Chrome Hardware:

8x10

9x12

11x14

13x16

Snares:

Dw 6x14 Maple Snare

Dw 6.5x14 Brass Snare (not shown)

Pearl 3.5x13 Steel Picollo(not shown)

Sunlite 6.5x14 Steel Vented(not shown)

Cymbals:

14' A Custom Fast Crash

13' A Custom HiHats

14' K Custom Fast Crash (not shown)

16' K Custom Fast Crash (Not shown)

17' Z Custom Rock Crash

14' Zildjian Oriental China Crash

21' Paiste Signature Dry Heavy Ride

Hardware:

Dw 9002 double bass pedals

Dw 9000 Snare Stand

Dw 5000 hihat stand

Dw 9000 double tom standx2

Dw 9000 double floor tom stand

Pacific Snare Stand (Not shown)

Pacific Boom Stand

Roc N Soc Mac Saddle Drum Throne w/ Backrest

ProMark 747B Super Rock Japanese Oak Nylon Tip Sticks

You are 14???? or is that a typo??

• Members

Originally posted by false crack

Agreed nice playing. Im a guitarist and dont know to much about drumming, but seems like you have a smooth playing style. If you dont mind, how the hell did you aquire all of your gear, you cant even work yet without a workers permit!!
:confused:

lol man I hate you! You're really good at both drums and guitar, and man you have to be happy for yourself! You are seriously my hero man I watch your videos like every day, because I want to play that (I'm 13...almost 14:) ) well I forgot what else I was going to say...anyways you look like my brother :)

• Members

Originally posted by lildrummerboyroy

Highly discounted gear:) .

I have another Dw but I've never shown it to the forums due to the constant flaming on the Pearl Forums. I wish i was endorsed....some day (in my dreams) I will be.

What is your name on the Pearl Forums? I post there a lot too.

• Members

I never took lessons and I'm pretty terrible at decifering fast drum parts so I'm curious to know if you could tab out/explain how you play that lick between the toms and the snare on the second video almost right at the beginning - even if you could just describe the sticking - it would probably help

Archived