Drum Kits

EdDrums

• Members

Originally posted by SublimeOi

Tobio you have awesome drums

my drums are kind of big but not as big as yours i have a 14" tom 16" tom and a 24" bass drum... what kind of heads do you like to use on those drums?

I use Remo coated Ambassadors, top and bottom, with no muffling of any kind. I've got a superkick on the bass drum. On the snare, I use various heads . . . my current fave is the Evans Dry (vented) head.

I use Remo clear Emperors on my Vistalites . . .

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Drummerboy_25

Here a pic from awhile ago. I have a 15" Acustom crashon the left of my hi-hat right now and a new pearl snare stand and a elimanator dble pedal. Oh I also have a Gibraler rack spanner that's holding my 3 toms now. In the 3rd pic isn't my drumset but a pic of a kit that a guy made, he's building mine right now.

mydrumset19fr.jpg

is that an airide snare dealy? i've always wondered if those actually did anything. does it help with snare vibration, and does the snare really sound that much better?

• Members

Originally posted by analog daniel

is that an airide snare dealy? i've always wondered if those actually did anything. does it help with snare vibration, and does the snare really sound that much better?

Yes that is a Tama air ride stand. It dos a pretty good job of not making it vibrate but i really don't notice a differnce between it and my new Pearl S-2000 stand. I just sold that air ride stand a few days ago.

• Members

Here's my Tama Starclassic Maple Exotix I- that's a figured chestnut outer ply finished in Sierra Gold Burst. 18x22 kick, 8X10, 9X12, 11x13, 14x15 rack toms, and a 16X18 floor tom. The kick and two small rack toms are standard sizes and the other toms are custom. Tama does some of the best lacquer finishes around! I use various Paiste, Zildjian, UFIP, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, and Istanbul Agop cymbals. Tama and DW hardware.

• Members

Originally posted by bilkay

Here's my Tama Starclassic Maple Exotix I- that's a figured chestnut outer ply finished in Sierra Gold Burst. 18x22 kick, 8X10, 9X12, 11x13, 14x15 rack toms, and a 16X18 floor tom. The kick and two small rack toms are standard sizes and the other toms are custom. Tama does some of the best lacquer finishes around! I use various Paiste, Zildjian, UFIP, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, and Istanbul Agop cymbals. Tama and DW hardware.

Nice kit....

• Members

Originally posted by bilkay

i like it:cool:

• Members

I have one but all my photos are too damn big, ill see what i can do...

can anyone tell me how to post a picture straight into the reple rather than have an attachment?

Its a 70's gretsch with concert toms

I use it as a 4 piece but it came with 4 rack toms and a floor tom and the most pain in the ass mounting system ever.

I came with a sweet ludwig snare that i use as my primary snare, sounds killer (2nd page)

• Members

i've been playing this kit for 6 1/2 years now. its a local indian kit.
DON'T LAUGH.
i do have another floor tom that i haven't set up in the pic as well as a few more cymbals. at the time this picture was taken, i'd been listening to a lot of jazz and wanted a nice jazz kit. too bad that didn't turn out well!

• Members

Originally posted by rockbeat

I find myself lusting after your cymbal setup.

Thanks...

It took my a long time to get it to where I like it. I kinda wish I had a second china on the left side. Otherwise, it's perfect. Hello, Zildjian? Sign me up!! ha!

I have a few other Zildjians that I swap in and out from time to time.

Archived