Drum Kits

EdDrums

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here a pic from awhile ago. I have a 15" Acustom crashon the left of my hi-hat right now and a new pearl snare stand and a elimanator dble pedal. Oh I also have a Gibraler rack spanner that's holding my 3 toms now. In the 3rd pic isn't my drumset but a pic of a kit that a guy made, he's building mine right now.

mydrumset19fr.jpg

mydrumset28tl.jpg

cds0129yf.jpg

• Members
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

Snare ('68 supraphonic) is in the shop, and the kick (old Speed King) is in the mail :)

It's a '68 Ludwig kit that came in to work the other day, I bought it, but haven't gotten a chance to really clean it up or change the heads yet. The cymbals are 14" New Beat hats, an old 20" A ride, and a Meinl Byzance medium thin 18" crash. I'm gonna put G2's or fibyrskins on the toms, and I have a G2 on the snare.

• Members

Nice kit Icedearth gotta love Pearl :-) I gotta pair of AAX fast hi'hats i don't use anymore that i could sale to ya dude, if your interesed that is? Hey Sublime O thanks for the compliment about my snare it's a Dennis Chambers Sig snare i got of ebay for 300$ a few years ago. It is a sweet snare i have another snare that's sitting on a shelf above my crash on the left in the pic that nice as well. It's a 5X14 keller shell snare with mapex lugs and a NW's strainer.

• Members

Originally posted by Drummerboy_25

Nice kit Icedearth gotta love Pearl :-) I gotta pair of AAX fast hi'hats i don't use anymore that i could sale to ya dude, if your interesed that is? Hey Sublime O thanks for the compliment about my snare it's a Dennis Chambers Sig snare i got of ebay for 300$ a few years ago. It is a sweet snare i have another snare that's sitting on a shelf above my crash on the left in the pic that nice as well. It's a 5X14 keller shell snare with mapex lugs and a NW's strainer.

that has got to be the most uncomfortable looking kit i've ever seen. There's huge gaps in the toms and the hi hat pedal is in a different hemisphere from teh bass drum.

• Members
Originally posted by stapes2260

that has got to be the most uncomfortable looking kit i've ever seen. There's huge gaps in the toms and the hi hat pedal is in a different hemisphere from teh bass drum.

it may seen uncomfortable in a way i guess, but it works fine for me and since im the only one playing the kit its all that matters .:D Adding the double tom stand helped big time in placing my toms where I wanted them, but alas I have no way of getting pics of my updated kit. Everyone tells me my hi hat setup is "different" i guess you could say, but again it works for me. Drummerboy_25 how are the AAX hats they didnt have any at guitar center when I visted there to try out I did however fall in love with their 16'' Dark crash and 18" studio crash, which im saving up for and also just recently decided on a K custom Dry Ride. Paycheck comes friday, cant wait.

• Members
Originally posted by ArtVandelay

Damn straight! Though I also can't imagine playing that hihat.

Its called skills........ or just the fact with the way it was i would be doing some double bassing than just move my foot back and use the hats. The way i have it now its defenitly closer to the second pedal much easier to play. Ill try and get me some updated pics this weekend since that pic is from about a year and half ago and my setup has changed slightly. Nothing like pics of drums bring them on guys and gals.:)

• Members
Originally posted by Tobio!

JeffLeftKit1-HydeSt.jpg

mid-80's Ludwig . . . 26" kick, 16" 18" 20" toms, chrome supersensitive 6.5x14 snare.

All Zildjian A's, most from the 70's . . . 16" 17" 22" 18" 19" and 14" Rude Sound Edge hats

Why am I guessing that a 3"x10" piccolo snare and a couple of mini-timbales aren't in your immediate future?

Your SMALLEST drum is a 16"?!? I suppose if you're ever homeless you could just move into your drums!

Anyway, nice kit. Looks like a lot of fun.

Archived