John Bonham vs. Neil Peart

nklarow

• Members

Originally posted by zarazabas

Superman would definitely win, he's got the speed PLUS the power, and a cape which makes him look super cool. Unless the drumkit was made of cryptonite, in which case his drumming would be reduced to pitiful wailing and screaming in the feotal position.

Yeah but Supermans power is definately overrated, I've always thought that in reality Superman would get crushed by Godzilla. O.K. just think about this, maybe Superman does have the speed and power thing at least equal to Godzilla but what about Kit sizes? I mean Godzilla would have this monster sized kit and while he's playing it he'd probably be doing that shrieking metal shredding sound that he does, and breathing radioactive fire that may even have traces of Kryptonite in it, how's Superman gonna beat that?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Shamoo

I mean Godzilla would have this monster sized kit and while he's playing it he'd probably be doing that shrieking metal shredding sound that he does, and breathing radioactive fire that may even have traces of Kryptonite in it, how's Superman gonna beat that?

With his freeze-breath of course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Neither is known for their swing.

Originally posted by spitfire909x

Neil Peart.

Bonham could do triplets.

Neil can do everything.

Bonham had originality and thunder. Peart has polyrhythmic proficiency.

Now compare either of 'em to Mitch Mitchell or Ian Paice - both of whom have chops galore AND can seriously swing a band. Then compare all of them to Ringo, who has tastiness and musicality and simplicity...

Whoever first said "it ain't fair to compare" was correct. All the above bring something incredible to the table in their own unique way.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I have no idea who Meg White is, but when she loses the match she is sold to the NASA and shot into orbit, this of couse only when her IQ reaches the 72 points of a chimpanzee

sHeS oNlY lYeK tEh be5t dRmmR ALivE!!!111!!1!1!one!11!1

But shes the extremely simple, boring, no technique drummer of "The White Stripes"

• Members

Not that it matters, but don't you think The Chimp would have an advantage? I mean, the Cuteness factor of them chimps over Meg's Bustline??? I mean, Guys, are we THAT easily distracted??? Besides, just check out Sheila E. in the Concert film ' Sign 'o' The Times'....not only can she play you into yesterday, but she does it wearing barely nothing at all:eek::love::freak:....and as to Neil Vs John, well, I think Neil would politely laugh off the idea; Bonzo, were he alive, would probably throw an empty at the person who posed the question....and they'd BOTH take a step back when Vinnie Coliuta walked by...' you don't tug on Superman's Cape'...:blah:

:thu::thu:PEACE:thu::thu:

P.S. seriously, check out Sheila E in that film, she SMOKES...in more ways than one.

Archived