Old vid of my band. Peep it, yo. Hahahaha.

Tosis Maguill

• Members

Originally posted by headway

yeah, i listen to it and it was alright, but not old school metal that i grew up on. it lacked some of the attutude that those guys had back in the day. it was almost like they were more concerned with shock value than musicianship, but to each his/her own!

that {censored} is old school.....Eyehategod invented sludge, straight from the heroin infested swamps a' NOLA. and as for shock factor.....thats the first video ive seen of theres thats like that. they don need no shock factor....THEYRE GOD:thu:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by aqualung211

that {censored} is old school.....Eyehategod invented sludge, straight from the heroin infested swamps a' NOLA. and as for shock factor.....thats the first video ive seen of theres thats like that. they don need no shock factor....THEYRE GOD:thu:

if they're god , why do they hate themselves so much?

• Members
Originally posted by kmd_97

dude the 'scene' isnt real, its just in your head. and why do you care if these guys punch the air, why does that bother you

KMD, this isn't directed towards you by any means, but there were a few posts on this thread about the "moshing" of these shows, and I just need to respond...

Why do I care if "these guys punch the air?" I care because my (ex) girlfriend got elbowed in the throat by some {censored}ING ASSHOLE PUNK {censored} KID who thought he was tough and would flail his arm arounds like a prick, when God forbid someone try to WALK at a concert.

So {censored} them and their "dancing." :mad:

Alright, I'm better now. Had to get that off my chest. :)

• Members
Originally posted by FitchFY

KMD, this isn't directed towards you by any means, but there were a few posts on this thread about the "moshing" of these shows, and I just need to respond...

Why do I care if "these guys punch the air?" I care because my (ex) girlfriend got elbowed in the throat by some {censored}ING ASSHOLE PUNK {censored} KID who thought he was tough and would flail his arm arounds like a prick, when God forbid someone try to WALK at a concert.

So {censored} them and their "dancing."
:mad:

Alright, I'm better now. Had to get that off my chest.
:)

Ummmm, I have to admit that I've never moshed, and never had the desire to. Seems a bit spastic to me, but if thats what you like...so be it
:confused:

But I do know that If I was at a show and some jerk-off mosher decided he was going to co-opt the whole floor, I would drop him without a moments hesitation. Its happened before, at a Green Day show a few years back, and I dont regret it for a minute.
If theres a certain area for it, fine, but I've seen it happen plenty of times where your standing there just digging a show, next thing you know your getting slammed on, like what happend to your ex, Fitch. To me, its just rude. Looks kind of silly to. What are all you moshers out there so pissed off at that you want to fling yourself against other pissed off kids?

Oh well. I dont like it, as you can tell. Im sure I'll get slammed any minute now, by someone telling me how fun it is, or what a release it is...
Go ahead. Try and convince me.
:p:cool::D

• Members
Originally posted by mraia

But I do know that If I was at a show and some jerk-off mosher decided he was going to co-opt the whole floor, I would drop him without a moments hesitation. Its happened before, at a Green Day show a few years back, and I dont regret it for a minute.

Note: I'm not hugely proud that I punched a 17-18 year old kid in the face, but sometimes you get what's coming to ya. :D I'm with you, though - I don't regret it, either.

• Members

The way I look at it, if some punk is gonna fling himself at me, then he's obviously looking to get hurt, one way or another.
So, I dont feel bad helping him along a bit.:D

Actually, I feel a little guilty, but not as bad as I'd feel if he smashed into my wife or kids.

• Members

When Jerry Nolan met Johnny Rotten and got a load of his narsty new Brit-punk attitude he said something along the lines of "You think you're {censored}in tough? I'll fight your band! Not my band fight your band, me fighting your entire band!"

I thought that was cool.

I always thought moshing was never about proving your toughness but simply about an elevation of the senses. A very nihilist sort of thing to do. That being said, there are a lot of well-deserving teeth that need to be broken in a lot of moshpits, because a lot of kids in there are assholes that deserve a FitchFist.

One time at a show this guy really close in front of me was headbanging with his damn P.O.D. hairdo and I kept on getting sweat and hair in my face, and that guy was far too drunk to notice anything. Sucked.

• Members

Real mosh pits are a ton of fun. Fake mosh pits blow.

A REAL mosh pit is in a sold out club, when you're really into the music and you start jumping, or headbanging, or moving around, and you disturb the people around you.. and they push back. A fake moshpit is when you just start running into eachother.

• Members
Originally posted by Tosis Maguill

Hahaha.. Here's an old video of my band. Quality isn't that great; it's just a band practice about a year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WW42nkqoE

Of course we've progressed since then. We get to play with Bury Your Dead on August 23rd.
:thu:
This is just something I found and wanted to share with everybody. Hahaha.

i liked the other song more, ashes in the wind (destroyed by rain). although you should do yourself a favor and get a 20 dollar microphone (with stand) off musician's friend, a usb preamp, and plug that into your laptop and record your videos with that. that way we can all enjoy your cymbals and we can tell the difference between your toms and snare.

otherwise i say keep up the good work!

Archived