Old vid of my band. Peep it, yo. Hahahaha.

Tosis Maguill

• Members

Originally posted by aqualung211

extreme situations demand extreme measures. the scene that you alledgedly love is falling from underneath its foundation. and it all cause bands like bury your dead and this guys. if things continue at this rate.....in 5 years every show will sound the same, the pits will only consist of karate kicks and spins, and all the fans will be vegans with little x's on their wrist. do you really want to see that happen to your scene? cause it will if everybody takes your friendly attitude

dude the 'scene' isnt real, its just in your head. and why do you care if these guys punch the air, why does that bother you

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

extreme situations demand extreme measures. the scene that you alledgedly love is falling from underneath its foundation. and it all cause bands like bury your dead and this guys. if things continue at this rate.....in 5 years every show will sound the same, the pits will only consist of karate kicks and spins, and all the fans will be vegans with little x's on their wrist. do you really want to see that happen to your scene? cause it will if everybody takes your friendly attitude

dude, it's up to you to make the scene what you want it to be by being original enough to make someone's big toe shoot up in their boot. if you do that, everyone else will follow. i write music and play music so in my world its all up to me to tell people through both crafts what is cool. i wont stoop down, to call what they like stupid. you're not going to persuade anyone that way. trust me.

• Members

Originally posted by kmd_97

never heard of them

well thats all your gonna hear if you keep up this attitude.

imagine if you were at a minor threat show, or seeing D.R.I, or maybe even S.O.D, and a bunch of steel pulse fans started showing up and acting like they {censored}in own the place. and whats worse is they claim to be "harcore". when the {censored} did hardcore become this crap. and you expect them to listen to cro-mags, agnostic front and stuff like that, but they start spewin {censored} like hatebreed, throwdown, terror, unearth. terrible, that aint hardcore. pick up a black-flag album {censored}in pussies

• Members

well thats all your gonna hear if you keep up this attitude.

imagine if you were at a minor threat show, or seeing D.R.I, or maybe even S.O.D, and a bunch of steel pulse fans started showing up and acting like they {censored}in own the place. and whats worse is they claim to be "harcore". when the {censored} did hardcore become this crap. and you expect them to listen to cro-mags, agnostic front and stuff like that, but they start spewin {censored} like hatebreed, throwdown, terror, unearth. terrible.

Dude, i honestly didnt understand a word of that. dude, what is my 'attitude'? tolerance?

• Members

you're a {censored}wit aqualung, bottom line. Grow the {censored} up. People can listen to whatever music they want, play whatever music they want, dance however they want, and call music any {censored}ing genre they want to call it. If you think the worlds being taken over by music you don't like, stop {censored}ing complaining and trying to ruin their fun, pick up your {censored}ing drumsticks, practise your mother{censored}ing arse off and make the music that you like. Lead by example, push the boundaries back and open up the room for future musicians to follow in your footsteps and attempt to keep the music you like alive. If you're not good enough for that, {censored}ing suck it up and accept the fact that times change, styles change, people change and music changes. In the meantime, shut the {censored} up you self-righteous {censored}.

Oh, and by the way, i'm not particularly a fan of that style of music either. I don't feel threatened by it though, nor do i feel the need to attempt to eliminate it with criticism and words. The only way you'll get rid of 'inferior' or mediocre music is by replacing it with something better.

• Members
Originally posted by zarazabas

you're a {censored}wit aqualung, bottom line. Grow the {censored} up. People can listen to whatever music they want, play whatever music they want, dance however they want, and call music any {censored}ing genre they want to call it. If you think the worlds being taken over by music you don't like, stop {censored}ing complaining and trying to ruin their fun, pick up your {censored}ing drumsticks, practise your mother{censored}ing arse off and make the music that you like. Lead by example, push the boundaries back and open up the room for future musicians to follow in your footsteps and attempt to keep the music you like alive. If you're not good enough for that, {censored}ing suck it up and accept the fact that times change, styles change, people change and music changes. In the meantime, shut the {censored} up you self-righteous {censored}.

Oh, and by the way, i'm not particularly a fan of that style of music either. I don't feel threatened by it though, nor do i feel the need to attempt to eliminate it with criticism and words. The only way you'll get rid of 'inferior' or mediocre music is by replacing it with something better.

Ouch...truth hurts

:thu:

• Members

he wont be saying that when they take over:rolleyes:
its already happening.

old ozzfest : pantera
Fear factory
machine head
cannibal corpse i heard played

new ozzfest: bleeding through
throwdown
unearth
as i lay dying

open your eyes. next your gonna tell me that the twin towers fell from the planes:rolleyes:

• Members

he wont be saying that when they take over:rolleyes:

its already happening.

old ozzfest : pantera

Fear factory

machine head

cannibal corpse i heard played

new ozzfest: bleeding through

throwdown

unearth

as i lay dying

open your eyes. next your gonna tell me that the twin towers fell from the planes:rolleyes:

actualy he's saying he dose'nt care if the times change. old old ozzfest was ozzy! what happened to them days? times change man. get over it. you sound like my grandpa, wishing for the good old days.

• Members

Originally posted by headway

actualy he's saying he dose'nt care if the times change.

I wouldn't say that i don't care... more to the point, i don't resent the younger generation (i'm only 22 so i guess to many i would be considered to be a part of that group) for bringing about change. If people want to listen to piss-weak music i'm not going to have a little hissy-fit and cry about it. Aqualung can complain about it all he wants ('oh my god they're taking over what am i going to do? ahhhhhhh!!!') but as i said before, thats not going to accomplish anything other than make him look like a dick. The world's full of people who are all talk and no action. You want to change things aqualung, take my advice from my previous post. And at least take solice in the fact that there are many hard working bands out there full of great musicians who are making fantastic and timeless music. Why not turn you attention to promoting these bands and that sort of musicianship rather than attempting to degrade music you dont like? Opening people's eyes to innovative, original and creative music will do much more for your cause, and is the only way we will ever get rid of (or at least keep under reigns) mediocre music designed to sell sell sell (because lets face it, thats the way today's MTV generation is heading)

• Members

Thats not funny, Dick. Dont equate different tastes in music with a tragedy.

And kid, PM's or not, I stand by what I said to you earlier. Your in this for the shock value. Nothing more.

• Members

Oh, for pity's sake. Aqualung, you've got to be kidding! Have you not been paying attention at all? The only way this forum is a vehicle for world change is through increasing our understanding of each other as musicians. We don't change minds, here, we rarely have arguments that get won or lost, and we sure as {censored} don't effect the destruction of musical trends we dislike here. It's just not a power that a tool like this has.

Tell people you don't like the way they do it, give some constructive criticism, bring up the stuff you don't like. (like this, for example: "What I don't like about the music you're playing is the people who come to the shows...") Do this, and you're golden.

Keep telling people that they suck, and as far as I'm concerned, you can die in a fire!

/w

• Members
Originally posted by kmd_97

Will I find it in my local grocer?

Well...I dont think the local Pathmark or King Kullen is gonna have it. Although, last week I picked up some Bison meat at the local supermarket, so you never know.
I had Ostrich and gator in New Orleans a while back. Its a cliche' but it really DOES taste like Chicken;) :D:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by mraia

Well...I dont think the local Pathmark or King Kullen is gonna have it. Although, last week I picked up some Bison meat at the local supermarket, so you never know.

I had Ostrich and gator in New Orleans a while back. Its a cliche' but it really DOES taste like Chicken;)
:D:thu:

so what does chicken taste like then?

• Members

anybody listen to it. video might not be for everybody though..........but i thought it was {censored}in metal
lo.gif

yeah, i listen to it and it was alright, but not old school metal that i grew up on. it lacked some of the attutude that those guys had back in the day. it was almost like they were more concerned with shock value than musicianship, but to each his/her own!

• Members

If you want to change music you shouldn't look ONLY to the past. In addition to seeing what makes you love your favorite bands, you have to look at the world of today and get a feel for its undercurrent and realize what people want and see what you can do to cater to that. This is practically impossible to do, because I sincerely doubt Elvis was like "my popularity would certainly see an uprise in popular music if I went to Memphis and recorded my sultry vocal style doing gospel and r&b standards!"

I'd say leave the poor guy alone. Let the music speak for itself. Show not tell. If music's really special, it won't be a trend. The fact that old metal is now something that exists moreso in the hearts and nostalgia of older musicians than it does in a "scene" should be considered something special.

On to the video, I thought it was decent, I think metalcore songs can afford to be shorter than 3 and a half minutes, but that's only me. Of course the only "core" music I've listened to is the Locust, so I'm not really qualified to give my 2 cents! That Gabe Serbian is a beast!

Archived