Opinion of my website

u6crash

• Members

I'm writing to see if I could get some feedback on my website. It's a little different because it isn't solely for my music efforts, but there will be more of that in the future.

My music stuff is in the "Sounds" section, though I have an article on guitar shopping in the "Words" section, and some guitar artwork in "Artwork".

I don't know if "The Music Biz" is the best forum for this, but maybe a website review thread would be good somewhere. I know there are a couple "Hear my music" threads around.

And my site is: http://www.threechordme.com

Thanks,

John

• Members

Nice, almost too colorful. I would change to shades of the same color or just use two colors rather than 5 or more different colors. It is kind of jarring. Also, there is some kind of formatting issue between the artwork and sounds page that isn't there between the artwork and words page. Like the whole site shifts a bit.

Ken

• Members

Thanks for the input. The shift you're referring to is because the content is centered, and the artwork and words sections don't scroll, but the sounds does. So it creates a 13 pixel shift (the width of a scroll bar) if you're using Safari, Firefox, and maybe Netscape. Maybe I'll just left align the main table altogether, because that does bother me a bit.

Now that I'm at work on a totally different computer, I'm noting some CSS descrepancies as well.

As for the colors, I can see your point, but my last version had too few colors. Right now I use four colors plus black and white. Maybe I'll scale it down to three or two plus black and white.

Archived