Black Panther

tmetaler

• Members

I've played several of the Black Panther Snares. I like them alot, especially the Deep Forrest varieties. IMO it's one of Mapex's few consistantly good products.

They are very good quality and very reasonably priced.

The one falicy in your question is... which Black Panther varitey are you looking at?? Metal shell (Brass, copper, steel), wood(maple, cherry, walnut??)...

DB

• Members

I reviewed them for Drum magazine a while back. Go to Drum's website and do a search for the article.

In general, I liked them all. The Deep Forest is a good 70s pop style sound, very little crack. The only problem was that there's a very pronounced lower-mid frequency energy that created sound buildup problems when I used it live. It kind of overwhelmed the front monitors and the singers couldn't hear as well. It's a killer studio drum though, for certain sounds. The brass and maple are solid, good quality drums.

• Members

Originally posted by drumsdb

I've played several of the Black Panther Snares. I like them alot, especially the Deep Forrest varieties. IMO it's one of Mapex's few consistantly good products.

They are very good quality and very reasonably priced.

The one falicy in your question is... which Black Panther varitey are you looking at?? Metal shell (Brass, copper, steel), wood(maple, cherry, walnut??)...

DB

metal actually! sry i didnt specify that...

Archived