Seger

jacarual

• Members

I don't care how old he is - he's from Michigan and he rocks! The Second Chance bar in Ann Arbor was one of his starting gigs. First time I was there, I beat the {censored} out of all the guys at pool. So, needless to say - I didn't make the football game the next day (I spent the night on the cold bathroom floor). Anyway, I could have gotten a ticket but obstructed view just didn't cut it for me tonight. Maybe I'll try to see him at the Palace.

• Members

Saw him in Jan 87' in Okla. City. Awesome show!!

I remember I had a chance to see my FAVORITE band Genesis in Dallas. The concert was in early Jan. but tickets when went on sale in Nov. Like about this time of year. Dallas was the closest Genesis was coming to OK. City. A friend of mine from work was a Genesis fan and his dad was too. They had an extra ticket. I asked my parents about it. (I was a senior in high school then)

My parents said a firm no, but I kept asking for a week. Finally they said okay. My mom would visit with a friend of hers in Dallas while I went and I would drive back and had to go to school the next day (Ok. City to Dallas=200 miles) Told my friend I could go. Friend said "oh, your brother said you couldn't go and I had to sell the ticket" I was SO MAD!! Tickets for Seger came up and he was coming to OKC

Had a great time! They played Steely Dan on the PA before the lights went out. Everybody was so cool. Guy next to me gave me a couple sips of his beer and later worked it where he poured half his beer into my empty coke cup and I gave him money for a new beer.

"Turn the Page" was out of sight, turned me on to "Sun Spot Baby" and "Hardest Thing I'll ever do". Everybody sang along, let you go ahead in line, held open doors, traffic flowed so smoothly afterwards. Was a very fun night! The Genesis thing is why I remember it was JAN of 87' Peace and love!

Archived