I just bought a Vex double kick pedal!

mparsons

• Members

I like mine!

Originally posted by RumStik

Just got the Vex double pedal, and while it's no Axis, I have to say it's a very impressive product, especially considering the price. I can't find anything bad to say about it.

The feel is very lively right out of the box. With some added spring tension and a small cam angle adjustment, this thing is easily capable of more than enough speed and response.

I tried, and almost bought, a used Gibraltar unit a few months back, but in terms of playability, the Vex puts it to shame, so I'm glad I waited.

Why does it only cost $99? I don't know! Upon initial inspection, overall construction is comparable to much higher-priced items. Maybe they've pioneered a lower-cost mfg process...settled for a slimmer profit margin...I don't know, but again, I can't find a reason not to recommend this pedal.

True durability will only prove out over time, so if I manage to break it, or wear it to the point where performance drops off, I'll be sure to post then.

If anyone has specific questions about it, post here and I'll do my best to answer effectively.

• Members

Why does it only cost $99? I don't know! Upon initial inspection, overall construction is comparable to much higher-priced items. Maybe they've pioneered a lower-cost mfg process...settled for a slimmer profit margin...I don't know, but again, I can't find a reason not to recommend this pedal.

Most likely it costs $99 because it's made by Chinese at slave labor wages and the materials it's made from cost next to nothing.

Yay! :)

• Members

Originally posted by cheeseadiddle

Most likely it costs $99 because it's made by Chinese at slave labor wages and the materials it's made from cost next to nothing.

Yay!
:)

The same can probably be said about half the items in your house right now.

Frankly, I don't care. For $100, I have a double pedal that plays as well as others I've tried at 2-3X the price. It's solid, smooth, fast, and silent. If it doesn't last, my lost investment is minimal.

I've been a single-pedal stomper since I got my first kit as a kid, (and that's like eons ago), and in my old age, playing mainly for my own enjoyment, I've decided to take a whack at developing some left-foot technique that goes beyond hi-hat. I can say first-hand that the Vex fits the bill. I don't care if it was assembled by squirrels. I'm lovin' it.

:love:

• Members

The same can probably be said about half the items in your house right now.

Frankly, I don't care. For $100, I have a double pedal that plays as well as others I've tried at 2-3X the price. It's solid, smooth, fast, and silent. If it doesn't last, my lost investment is minimal.

Well, you said you didn't know why it cost $99, and I thought that was a pretty solid guess. :thu:

• Members

Actually, my self-quoted mini-review was from another thread in which someone posed:

"When you find out why it only costs $99, let us know..."

...or something to that effect, implying that there may be a moment of revelation upon becoming an owner. I was trying to convey that there wasn't...in my case.:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by mparsons

THURSDAY
:o

I'm familiar with a couple pedals but the Vex is the first one I own. I play around on the drummer for my bands Iron Cobra and his old Pearl pedal. I'll do a decent comparison I guess, from memory though.

If it at least feels solid and smooth and yadda yadda yadda, the only thing that matters is how sturdy it is.

Archived