OT: I need some non-metal reccomendations.

aqualung211

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the Black Keys

Killer 2 man lo-fi 'lectric blues.

Everyone on here keeps talking about The Black Keys as if they aren't all that well known. Aren't they that big in the States?

They're massive here in Australia.

• Members

Hey Aqua, check out 2 bands....one from SF called Parchman farm, another from BC called Black Mountain....preferably druganaut and shine. Black Mountain is all over the board. if ya wanna sneak peek got to www.emule.com it''s a free download sharing program so you can taste test. Cheers:)

• Members
+ Ditto

On these guises recs I went out and got Amputechture. (the only album at the store) It's nearly meritless BS. To be fair, I will make more passes to scavenge any merit.
:bor::D

amputechture = 80% meritless
frances the mute = 95% meritless
deloused in the comatorium = one of the best rock records in years

it's becoming one of those {censored}ty situations where a band blows everyone's minds, and then makes album after album of crap that tarnishes their image. if you bought Amputechture because i recommended the mars volta, please bring it back to the store and tell them you want a real mars volta record. you will not be disappointed.

• Members

Here's some bands that aren't metal with their drummers that you may or may not have heard of and you might enjoy.

1. Funk: Galactic/Stanton Moore CD/Late for the Future
2. Country and Western: Junior Brown/Pete Amaral CD/Greatest Hits
3. Swing/Blues: Little Charlie and the Nightcats/J. Hansen CD/Nine Lives
4. My 16 year old son's favorite group: Porcupine Tree/Gavin Harrison CD. Light Bulb Sun

• Members
amputechture = 80% meritless

frances the mute = 95% meritless

deloused in the comatorium = one of the best rock records in years

it's becoming one of those {censored}ty situations where a band blows everyone's minds, and then makes album after album of crap that tarnishes their image. if you bought Amputechture because i recommended the mars volta, please bring it back to the store and tell them you want a real mars volta record. you will not be disappointed.

Yup your suggestion. Amputechture was the only thing on the shelf. (Borders) I wish these places had an exchange policy. I'd have the 20 or so albums I wanted instead of the 2 or 300 on my racks.
Will definitely get Deloused though. It's an education no matter what...:thu:

Archived