Drum Kit Security

summit111

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I take home cymbals, stick bag and mics from any 2 day gig.

If your bass pedal is high cost, take it, and maybe your snare, too.

One loaded trip to the car.

+1

I can carry a stick bag, double pedal bag, snare bag, and cymbal backpack in one trip.

I don't leave the ability to play my drums behind.

Ever.

• Members

:cool:

My Brothers,

I was talking about a quick grab and run for individual drums and parts! I actually ran a vinyl covered steel cable through several lugs of each drum and stand, then padlocked the ends together.

I took the cymbals and sticks home each night and covered the rest with a drum cover. All went well!

Later,

• Members

As much as this is going to make me sound evil...

I have played several musical productions with my babys... and... .. ... every time i have left them miked, set up and uncovered!!! :eek: i know its shocking, but i have had no thefts! :cool:

although i do live in a small town in a lonely part of australia, so maybe that has something to do with it :lol:, and i work at the venue as a tech, and i alarm the place every night myself... meh disregard all ive said

• Members

Setup-Break Down...Night after Night...it goes with the turf...

I've had three kits stolen over ten years and each one pissed me off. My insurance won't cover it anymore, and club owners take no responsibility. Ask the venue manager if they will insure the kit. Some will.

Otherwise...watch your back! Wintertime sucks for hauling gear!

+1:thu:

• Members

DO NOT DRILL!!

Why damage your shells, have you asked the production company and the theater if they have insurance that would cover you?

Or make a few calls, you may find it would not be a lot to do it yourself them you are covered for sure.

If anything I would use an existing tom mount hole or airhole or something.

Unless of course you really don't care about extra holes. You can always run the cable around the tension rods a few times as well.

• Members

That doesn't lock.

Well, technically, since it doesn't have a "lock", I guess you're right. But, you can turn the setscrew in enough such that you can't remove the cymbal without undoing said setscrew. I'd call that "locked" since you can't just "push the button" and lift the cymbal off.

:confused:

• Members

I've been a professional Locksmith for 25 years. If some criminal wants them, they're gone. It takes the same amount of time to tie everything together and padlock it as it does to just break down. You don't really want to drill into your drums, do you? It's a paying gig right? Take them home, it's part of the gig or just trust the venue and hope they have insurance against theft and fire.:cop:

Archived