I Saw Lovewave's New Drumkit Last Night!!!!

sydfan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, if you or Lovewave spent ANY time whatsoever here, you'd find plenty of humourous threads and funny stuff. Do a search on "pancakes" on this forum, and see what you get.

Instead, after one "bad" experience (ok, Lovewave didn't get HUGE response to his question...but he did get a couple...big deal) he started throwing insults.

In any "community" if somebody from the "outside" comes in and starts throwing insults around, people will generally get angry. That's why I don't go into biker bars, ask advice about buying a moped, and then start calling them all names if I don't get the information I was hoping for.

So based on your very shallow glance into this board, you feel the need to "inject humor" into our world. Guess what, we already have plenty of humor, and we're very open to more. On the other hand, you're form of "injecting humor" is to insult people by calling them anal, or generally riding in on some kind of high horse superior attitude.

If this were the biker bar from my analogy, you'd probably be in need of some dental work at this point, and Lovewave would have bigger health issues to worry about than being banned for a week.

Still, this is just an internet message board, so you can do what you want. Just don't expect people to support you or listen to you.

Bottom line, Lovewave started the "problem" by insulting people here, then he exacerbated the problem by trolling, and finally he took it to the next level by trying to round up a posse from OJ to come in here and expand the trolling. Bottom line, you picked the wrong dog in this fight.

• Members

See, if you or Lovewave spent ANY time whatsoever here, you'd find plenty of humourous threads and funny stuff. Do a search on "pancakes" on this forum, and see what you get.

Instead, after one "bad" experience (ok, Lovewave didn't get HUGE response to his question...but he did get a couple...big deal) he started throwing insults.

In any "community" if somebody from the "outside" comes in and starts throwing insults around, people will generally get angry. That's why I don't go into biker bars, ask advice about buying a moped, and then start calling them all names if I don't get the information I was hoping for.

So based on your very shallow glance into this board, you feel the need to "inject humor" into our world. Guess what, we already have plenty of humor, and we're very open to more. On the other hand, you're form of "injecting humor" is to insult people by calling them anal, or generally riding in on some kind of high horse superior attitude.

If this were the biker bar from my analogy, you'd probably be in need of some dental work at this point, and Lovewave would have bigger health issues to worry about than being banned for a week.

Still, this is just an internet message board, so you can do what you want. Just don't expect people to support you or listen to you.

Bottom line, Lovewave started the "problem" by insulting people here, then he exacerbated the problem by trolling, and finally he took it to the next level by trying to round up a posse from OJ to come in here and expand the trolling. Bottom line, you picked the wrong dog in this fight.

I don't really think I insulted anyone here as much as spoke my mind. I didn't call anyone a nasty name, all I did was say this forum was anal. I never said anything about anyone smelling bad, or doing odd things with their mother, or telling them to place genitalia in their mouth.....I don't really think I insulted anyone, by definition.

But you're right. If someone wanders into a community and says something deemed inappropriate or against the grain, they will not be taken kindly.

Honestly, I'm not fighting. I'm just asking why you guys appear to be so uptight. But like I've stated before, there's really nothing more to say. I got my answer. I'm not looking to argue.

:)

• Members

I didn't call anyone a nasty name, all I did was say this forum was anal.

Hmmm.....sounds contradictory to me right there. Sure you could have come up with a more stinging insult, but popping in to call us all "anal" isn't a quick way to make new friends, is it?

Here, try this: go find a big guy on the street that you've never met before, walk up to him and say, "Dude, why are you so anal?" and see what happens. While you're busy picking up your teeth, it may become more clear to you.

Combine the name calling with your alliance with Lovewave (who was much more insulting, and who got banned for his actions) and you're starting off with two strikes against you.

Can't spell it out any more clearly than that.

• Members

Hmmm.....sounds contradictory to me right there. Sure you could have come up with a more stinging insult, but popping in to call us all "anal" isn't a quick way to make new friends, is it?

Here, try this: go find a big guy on the street that you've never met before, walk up to him and say, "Dude, why are you so anal?" and see what happens. While you're busy picking up your teeth, it may become more clear to you.

Combine the name calling with your alliance with Lovewave (who was much more insulting, and who got banned for his actions) and you're starting off with two strikes against you.

Can't spell it out any more clearly than that.

So no matter how many times I explain that I got my answer, you continue to explain things to me. I think as this thread has gone on, I've been contrite and understanding of where you're coming from. I agreed that if you come to a community and are critical of them that they won't be very accepting of you. I don't know what you're trying to explain. I got it, I've said I've got it and I've even said that I'm not arguing. I UNDERSTAND.

• Members

I have a complaint,this forum is supposed to be about drums and drumming,not a bout everyones personal problems,yes my panties are in a serious wad! this is this has become redundant and mundane causing forum members like myself to flee to forums that have members that are more respectable to one another.
I honestly have never seen a bunch of crying whining babies that need a pacifier and a diaper change!
Moderators,of all people,you are the ones that are supposed to be keeping all of this in check,GOOD GRIEF!
If i get banned because of this trolling,then sobeit,i am packing my bags and moving on to another forum where every body is talking about drums and drumming and cymbal talk,Not about who made who mad or harassing some female drummers because she won't "show anything":mad: :mad: :mad: You guys need to be on another forum altogether to do that kind of garbage!:mad: You guys are so horrible on this forum that every drum forum is talking about it!
As a result of what i have observed,I am going to find out who is the authority figure for this forum and file complaint.
Have a nice day!

• Members
I have a complaint,this forum is supposed to be about drums and drumming,not a bout everyones personal problems,yes my panties are in a serious wad! this is this has become redundant and mundane causing forum members like myself to flee to forums that have members that are more respectable to one another.

I honestly have never seen a bunch of crying whining babies that need a pacifier and a diaper change!

Moderators,of all people,you are the ones that are supposed to be keeping all of this in check,GOOD GRIEF!

If i get banned because of this trolling,then sobeit,i am packing my bags and moving on to another forum where every body is talking about drums and drumming and cymbal talk,Not about who made who mad or harassing some female drummers because she won't "show anything":mad:
:mad:
:mad: You guys need to be on another forum altogether to do that kind of garbage!
You guys are so horrible on this forum that every drum forum is talking about it!

As a result of what i have observed,I am going to find out who is the authority figure for this forum and file complaint.

Have a nice day!

HC Drum forum. Love it or leave it man.....

• Members

"But because I dared to question you guys, I now don't shower, I don't work, and all I do is post on the forum. Talk about sweeping a generalization."

48...thousand...posts...not....a....generalization...forum...addict...never...shower...AGAIN!!!

• Members
Here's the truth whether you want to believe it or not. I was hoping to infuse a bit of humor into the uptightness that I perceive. I thought that perhaps with a little irreverant humor that maybe it would break the ice. I see that is obviously not the case.

Whew!! Thank God Syd is here to help us with our uptightness problems!!

In fact, Im hoping some more OJ and Amp and Guitar forum guys can come over here and set us straight.
Kind of like one of the movies where the white teacher goes into the depressed, gang riddled neighborhood school, and teaches all the thugs to be sensitive human beings who can laugh at themselve and at each other without pulling their gats.
Thats what we are, drum buddies. We are the gang bangers, and OJ'ers are the Michelle Pfeifers and Morgan Freemans of this world, just trying to teach us Shakespeare.

THANK GOD!!! WE'RE SAVED!! HELP ME APPRECIATE LIFE,SYDFAN! HELP ME TO LEARN TO LAUGH AND LOVE!!:rolleyes::snax:

• Members

If i get banned because of this trolling,then sobeit,i am packing my bags and moving on to another forum where every body is talking about drums and drumming and cymbal talk,Not about who made who mad or harassing some female drummers because she won't "show anything":mad:
:mad: You guys need to be on another forum altogether to do that kind of garbage!
You guys are so horrible on this forum that every drum forum is talking about it!

Have a nice day!

:cry:

• Members

Whew!! Thank God Syd is here to help us with our uptightness problems!!

In fact, Im hoping some more OJ and Amp and Guitar forum guys can come over here and set us straight.

Kind of like one of the movies where the white teacher goes into the depressed, gang riddled neighborhood school, and teaches all the thugs to be sensitive human beings who can laugh at themselve and at each other without pulling their gats.

Thats what we are, drum buddies. We are the gang bangers, and OJ'ers are the Michelle Pfeifers and Morgan Freemans of this world, just trying to teach us Shakespeare.

THANK GOD!!! WE'RE SAVED!! HELP ME APPRECIATE LIFE,SYDFAN! HELP ME TO LEARN TO LAUGH AND LOVE!!
:rolleyes::snax:

Aw, it's my pleasure bro!!!

:thu::):wave::D

• Members
Hmm.....I thought everything was cleared up in the Start From Scratch thread.

:confused:

I thought we were cool.

It is, and we are. I'm really just fooling around. Didnt mean for it to sound otherwise, but in hindsight it does. Sorry about that:wave:

• Members
This thread is beautiful! I hope they never close it!

:thu:

You guys are too uptight!

I have all the respect in the world for drummers. I was a drummer for 15 years before I switched over to guitar in '93. The one thing you guys can't seem to recognize is sarcasm and over the top ribbing.

A drummer can make or break a band. Believe me, I've played with my share of drummers who think they're a metronome, but by the time you end a slow blues tune, you're playing a speed metal version of it!

But man!!!! You guys are just as uptight as the amp guys. Sometimes it's a good thing to laugh at yourself, or at the stereotypes pertaining to drummers. It's all in good fun people. Sheesh!

Right ON Syd-baby ........ don't teh worry, I'll have you unbanned in NO time :idea:

Next time :o get banned properly over in teh map forum :mad: ....Geeeze ? :rolleyes:

Archived