Looking for some feedback! :D

Rob64

• Members

OK here's some sass instead. The 7/8 rolls were pretty cool and catchy. The metric mods as well. Those elements really help break up the monotonous nature of the genre. And WTF were you screaming about?

I dug the guitar tone BTW. On a purely timbral basis, rare is the guitar distortion I don't like.

• Members

Well now...this is not my genre and I hope you want me to be honest and not just "yeah, yeah, that was great". And my criticisms are NEVER meant to be destructive, so please feel free to take or ignore my thoughts.

Fast is one thing...it sounds like you got that covered. And your tempo seems to be able to hold steady. But any of the small hand burst are rushing. But you seem to hold steady on the lengthy ones like for a full measure...it's the little ones, 4 to 8 beats that are getting away from you. They are pushing to far and fast so the the groove is loosing it at those intervals. Like a train who can't wait to get to the station...it's like you can't wait to get to the next section, so let's get there already. The sustained guitar helps since there not much rythmic sensation going on. You've got the chop, I just think it needs more stability on the bursts... JMO for what it's worth...

• Members

Well now...this is not my genre and I hope you want me to be honest and not just "yeah, yeah, that was great". And my criticisms are NEVER meant to be destructive, so please feel free to take or ignore my thoughts.

Not destructive at all. The reason the short bursts seem rushed is mainly because I didn't write the song originally to a click track, so when everything stayed in perfect timing, the burst was shorter than originally written. thanks for the feedback everyone.

• Members

Not destructive at all. The reason the short bursts seem rushed is mainly because I didn't write the song originally to a click track, so when everything stayed in perfect timing, the burst was shorter than originally written. thanks for the feedback everyone.

huh?

The original part wasn't written with the click track, but the fill WOULD be in time if you played it with the click, right? No matter if it's a long or short fill. It's either in time or not.

but, if you meant it to rush, then there are no problems here!

• Members

Get rid of the punk out of your name. That just sounds like crap metal. The drumming's nice though. But, definitely not punk in my book.

I find it pointless to try to put types of music into specific genres. To me, what he was playing was rock. Maybe the drumming was a little punk-influenced. And the song did have a heavy feel. But to put a name on a style that has trouble having a name fitted to it is pointless.

On a lighter note, I liked your playing. I thought the 16'th notes on the snare in the beginning could have had accents on the quarter notes though, that would've been cool. :thu:

Archived