Starting a band from scratch

u6crash

• Members

I've yet to be in a band, just solo and acoustic duo projects. I'd really like to start playing with other people.

I'm going to go the usual route of posting flyers and putting ads in local newspapers. What I'm wondering is, should I secure a rehearsal space first? I'm converting a space in my barn, but it could be months before it is finished. I might be able to come up with something different in the meantime. Should I wait, or start looking for people now?

• Members

Well the biggest thing Is make sure you find the right people.Even if you hard up and really want to start playing in a band DONT do it with people you might end up not getting along with.It just sucks and you might end up passing up great players and good people cause you jumped on the 1st few guys you tried out.Ive gone thru 3 bass players in 2 months myself.Most local music store like guitar center have bulitian boards that usally have flyers that you can put up and look at and such.Another thing to look at is teachers,Im not sure how small of a town your a in but the BARN thing kinda threw me off but if you need a drummer go see the local drum teacher and ask him if any of his students might be intrested in being in a band.Tell him your age and the type of music you play and im sure you will get help there.Same with bass players and guitar players and teachers.It just depends what you need and what you already play.Also dont give up and practice practice practice.The more comfortable you are with your playing and ablities the easier it will be to start the band you want.

Archived