Steve Gadd Sticks

danny0816

• Members

Alright, so i've heard great things about steve Gadd's sig. drum sticks. And they look pretty decent. My question is - is there anything you can do to prevent the paint from coming off?? I dont really want to sand the sticks down, but i don't want big black marks all over my heads and cymbals. Has anyone every played these sticks with better sucess?? I've used dave wecle sticks and they works pretty well, i only have a little bit of yellow on the heads...but still. Theres nothing like marking up a brand new head. :eek:

• Members

i play gadd sticks, and dont have problems with the paint marking up my drumset. i know in my drumshop, v.firth sent us a bunch of stick that to me look exactly like the gadd sticks but not painted. they are discounted sticks because they are not weight matched. any SamAsh drumshop should have them. Just ask to see the V-SAM-STICK and any drum associate will understand what you are talking about. Steve Gadd sticks tend to have weight differences I get a brick of sticks in, and some are way liter than the others, this is due to the density of the wood.. Personally I prefer a light Gadd stick..

Hope this helps you out!

Archived