Post pics of your DW kits!

Andy315

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ridiculously sexy looking set.

You know what....a friend of mine called me tonight and he is looking at these and wanted my opinon....I said, I have seen them but have not played them and I have seen mixed reviews on them but I must say they make a great looking Kit...just don't know how they sound?

• Members

Here is a pic of my DW royal to regal fade kit. They actually look alot better in person with lots of intense maple grain patterns visible through the lacquer.

That is a beautiful fade! It is a bit like pearls cobalt fade. DW has masterfully executed it. It give the finish a "depths of water" look.

• Members

How many guitarists only have only one guitar? Most I know have different guitars because they sound different.

Don't different drums sound different as well? I also collect snares and have a few cymbals, I play them all at one time or another.

I just do not drag my Birdseye kit in and out of the bars non-stop. Why would I risk it if I do not have to?

• Members

all Sabians on both kits, Wuhan chinas/Sabian chinas...AA's, some stage, some metal, some hh's, a few b8 splashes (they sound more like Copeland's Paiste's)...

Speaking of Copeland...I wanted to try that bluebell ride. My local dealers are small and don't stock the stuff.

HHX hats!

• Members

sad thing was I bought a Pacific birch kit that matched for gigs (the cheep Chinese version that came out first) ditched the mounts and hardware, on my life, they were the best sounding drums I ever had! got rid of them and got another pacific kit (that birch one in tobacco and red lacquer in a 4 piece w/ 10 and 16's as add ons? they quit making them) and the drums were okay, but that kick was devastating!!! go figure...1/10 the price and seriously kills the competition. I'm too materialistic to get past all the builders skimping out and putting 8 lugs on everything...talk about screaming "Hey, we're cutting corners!"...10 lugs on everything, even 20's. 12 on 24's.

• Members

Speaking of Copeland...I wanted to try that bluebell ride. My local dealers are small and don't stock the stuff.

HHX hats!

I rarely go into stores anymore...really off putting. I walk in and your either completely ignored or your assailed by some kid that looks like he's in AFI and doesn't know his head from his ass... no offense if you look like you belong in AFI.:p yeah, I'd like to hear that too, I should have bought the jojo mayer ride when it came out a long time ago.

• Members

I rarely go into stores anymore...really off putting. I walk in and your either completely ignored or your assailed by some kid that looks like he's in AFI and doesn't know his head from his ass... no offense if you look like you belong in AFI.
:p
yeah, I'd like to hear that too, I should have bought the jojo mayer ride when it came out a long time ago.

I know what you are talking about. My local GC is the worst in the country for that. I have a mom&pop place that I trade with instead, but they are even smaller.

• Members

I rarely go into stores anymore...really off putting. I walk in and your either completely ignored or your assailed by some kid that looks like he's in AFI and doesn't know his head from his ass... no offense if you look like you belong in AFI.
:p
yeah, I'd like to hear that too, I should have bought the jojo mayer ride when it came out a long time ago.

John...I started a thread here on the forum...same page as this thread if you would like to tell your GC stories and I agree pacific makes really good drums...I have two of their Kits.

• Members

thanks, I'm amazed at all the great kits here in general. My first kit was an incredibly {censored}ty Reuther 3 piece (20 inch kick, snare, rack tom) with paper thin hats that would fold in if I stepped too hard on the footboard...haha Needless to say, I wore them out learning Leonard Haze, Bonham, and Alex Van Halen licks.

Archived