OT: Bored at Work

zarazabas

• Members

How many of you guys get bored at work and spend time on here? I'm at work at the moment, and i gotta tell you, i'm about ready to rip my eyes out. I've spent the last few months creating a 'technical library' and organising all the plant / machine drawings we have here. Today has been spent going through folders containing 1000's of drawings, and noting down each drawing number and title in microsoft excel. Literally, the whole day has been (and most days over the last couple months have been quite similar) -

1. Look at drawing

2. Type in drawing number

3. Type in title

4. Turn page

5. Repeat

It's not all bad i guess, i mean, i get to sit in an air conditioned office (by myself - no one looking over my shoulder) and i have the internet at my fingertips (streaming a local radio station), and am paid quite well for what i do. I find i spend quite a bit of time browsing HC though!!

Any tips for passing the time quicker?

• Members

How many of you guys get bored at work and spend time on here? I'm at work at the moment, and i gotta tell you, i'm about ready to rip my eyes out. I've spent the last few months creating a 'technical library' and organising all the plant / machine drawings we have here. Today has been spent going through folders containing 1000's of drawings, and noting down each drawing number and title in microsoft excel. Literally, the whole day has been (and most days over the last couple months have been quite similar) -

1. Look at drawing

2. Type in drawing number

3. Type in title

4. Turn page

5. Repeat

It's not all bad i guess, i mean, i get to sit in an air conditioned office (by myself - no one looking over my shoulder) and i have the internet at my fingertips (streaming a local radio station), and am paid quite well for what i do. I find i spend quite a bit of time browsing HC though!!

Any tips for passing the time quicker?

Yes. Do what you're paid "quite well" to do.

just sayin' ...

:D

• Members

I work internet customer service 10:30pm to 7:00am. I don't get too many calls so I'm on here and youtube a lot then. I agree it's great not having a supervisor or someone looking over my shoulder. Beats any labor job I've ever done in my life.

Now I know your not Indian are you, not that there's anything wrong with that, I just can't always understand what it is I'm being told to do when I speak to 'em. There's a lot of "what?, Huh?, can you repeat that ?" going on.

As far as gettin' on here at work, yes, but I try to limit it, or just at lunch. When I'm rediculusly stressed, that's been a lot over the past 3 months, I get on to get away from that {censored}. Why as a matter of fact my first encounter w/ ddrumbum was while I was working.

I do work my hands and feet sometimes. But I can only get away w/ that if I'm by myself. Other people just don't understand the value of it and through staplers and scotch tape despensers, which foces me to wrap up my session w/ a solo and stand up holding my fingers in the metal sign - lml - and scream "YEA MUTHAFUKAS". Then I just quietly go back to what I was doing.

• Members

Now I know your not Indian are you, not that there's anything wrong with that, I just can't always understand what it is I'm being told to do when I speak to 'em. There's a lot of "what?, Huh?, can you repeat that ?" going on.

No I'm not Indian, you wouldn't believe how many times I've been thanked because the customer can understand me. I get where you're coming from, on the phone being able to communicate of course is most important. I had a telemarker call me once and I could barely understand her, so I kept asking her to repeat herself until she eventually became frustrated and I requested to be put on the "do not call" list. Telemarketing is bull{censored}, a business making both parties on the phone uncomfortable.

Archived