Pedal: Speed King, P1000, P-2000C, or Iron Cobra?

Grayson73

• Members

Hi,

I've narrowed my choices to the following:

Pearl P1000 ($99)

Pearl P-2000C ($119)

Ludwig Speed King ($119)

Tama Iron Cobra HP900F ($125)

Tama Iron Cobra HP900P ($129)

Tama Iron Cobra HP900R ($129)

I'll be using this with a Pearl Export kick with Aquarian Super Kick II and Aquarian Regulator heads.

Which would you buy?

• Members

Hi,

I've narrowed my choices to the following:

Pearl P1000 ($99)

Pearl P-2000C ($119)

Ludwig Speed King ($119)

Tama Iron Cobra HP900F ($125)

Tama Iron Cobra HP900P ($129)

Tama Iron Cobra HP900R ($129)

I'll be using this with a Pearl Export kick with Aquarian Super Kick II and Aquarian Regulator heads.

Which would you buy?

I would go with the Iron Cobra HP900R (Rolling Glide) hands down. The rolling cam is quite nice. All of the independant adjustments that you can make are great for dialing it in to fit your needs. By the way the Superkick II's are awesome!

• Members

IRON COBRA!!!!!

if there are several people gonna be using this pedal, I would have to give the durability factor and range of adjustment to the Iron Cobra. This is indestructible and if it never breaks, there will be no arguments over who has to replace it, vs wear and tear/percentage of use/liability issues. Plus its just a great feeling pedal

• Members

In my opinion, you should go with one of the iron cobras. They are the highest quality pedal for their price. As for the discussion of if you should go with rolling or power glide, I would go with power glide. I think it offers more feel, and can generate more power if needed.

• Members

Try 'em all as said. But, I will say I've owned the IC's, Dbl. PG, and use a single for the blues band. Great pedal IMO. But as I said, try the others. I'm sure each has their good points and aren't say.................... {censored}ty.:rolleyes:

• Members

My vote's in for the pearl. I'm always happy with pearl hardware, and their pedals are actually top notch. I'd say it's very versatile and adjustable, and what with the ability to change between the six cams available (4 included I think, and two extra), and also between strap and chain drive...I think it's perfect for someone who doesn't know exactly what they want.

Archived