Best throne for xxxl player

michaellynnjr

• Members

My drummer is Looking for a throne that will hold up and at the same time be comfortable. Problem is He is a very large. I've let him use my proline keyboard bench but it hasn't worked well behind the kit.

He's tried a pork pie but not a good he said it was uncomfortable on his thighs and tailbone. We looked at the rocnsoc lunar series but the plastic footprint wont work working outdoors mostly.

The local music stores don't stock many brands. I've heard from lots guys the tractor seats are good and comfortable big guys.

I heard the yamaha DS950 and the DWtractor is nice as well

Can anyone suggest pros and cons on some of these and maybe suggest others.

I think he's over 400lbs and very embarrassed to post on a forum so I'd like to help him .

thanks,

Michael

• Members

Rock N Soc Nitro... Hands Down Best Throne Out There.

It has a Saddle Form which should help with support, and you can get an optional backrest.

Yes, yes yes yes. The Roc N Soc Nitro - bounces when you sit your ass down in it. I weigh in at around 245, and wear a size 38 waist, I'm not spilling over the sides. But, I do recommend the backrest. I tried one out, and now I want it. It feels great.

If it's not big enough, you may want to look into building your own seat (look for tractor seating for farm equipment), and fasten the bottom of an old drum-stool onto the tractor seat somehow. It actually may be less expensive to do that.

• Members

You may want to think about the yamaha throne that has the mesh/net seat. I know that it sound like it wouldn't support someone as big as your drummer, but I've seen it work with a drummer at least as big if not bigger (6'8" 350-400lbs). I don't know what the model number is, or if they even make it any more, but it's a thought.

James

• Members

Tama Ergo-Rider

:thu:

I gotta agree 100%. Im a larger guy also and have been using this throne for the last 4 years of daily 2 hour plus practice sessions. Now a note. This is a 4 leg throne. Lots of drummers dont like that leg combination. It has a tendancy to rock a bit on uneven stages just like a 4 leg chair would. If you read the page you will see that they offer the backrest as a separate item and that it fits some of the other thrones. So you could buy the three leg version and add the backrest yourself. Only 2 screws!

Here is a link for ya too..

Mike

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/product/hardware_data.php?id=29&year=2008&area=2

• Members

Sound Seat

www.SoundSeat.com

They're the Porsche of drum thrones in my opinion. I own several and even bought one to use in my studio while sitting at the computer ... which is what I'm sitting in right now!

I have the retrofit seat version which works on a standard drum throne stand, and two hydraulic thrones.

They are worth checking out, and certainly worth the extra money. In my opinion, the drum throne is the most important of the drumkit.

Oh ... and they do make a number of models ... specializing in seats for you big boys.

Archived