first gig tomorow

milo91

• Members

just thought i'd inform you guys that i'm playing my first gig tomorow. its our last day or term for school n thay have a fundraising day for the missions etc overseas, and they have a battle of the bands competition on so yeah my band is entering n there is 7 bands so we only get like a 15 minute set which isn't that great and we are playing three songs. so im pretty pumped playin infront of all my mates n the shizz so yeah just thought i'd tell you guys. we r gettin it taped so if it comes out alrite i'll try n post it on here.

catch

• Members

My first gig was me and two guitarists (no bass). Of course we were all 14/15 and it still sounded good (to us)
:)

Just have fun and the rest will take care of itself.

Your post just made me spit coffee! Hahahahaha...

Mine was too! 2 GUITARS...NO BASS! Hahahaha...awesome!

DD

• Members

Gigging is FUN! I love playing for people... I don't even think I was nervous for my first gig. My dad on the other hand...

For the first number of years of his playing career, my dad would get stage fright. The first gig was the worst. He (on bass) and his guitarist were both super nervous, so my grandma gave them both a muscle relaxant pill. It helped them calm down, but gave them both really bad gas. According to dad it was a good thing this was an outdoor gig :lol:

• Members

hi guys. ok so i cnt upload the bids but i will send u links to youtube wen they r up. hears a pic of the band. (vox on the extreme right, bassist middle right, gitarist, middle left and god himself (joke) extreme left)[ATTACH]259621[/ATTACH]

any way i will give a run down of the gig.

we played third out of the seven bands that played. two left hand drummers played first so i had to switch the kit around. but i didnt hve enough time to get it to what i wanted it to be. so i had the toms pretty high, my knees where up to my chin which i thought great know i wont be able to play double kick very well. but it wasnt like that so that was a good thing. lol...i probably played the best double kick i have in a while. (is that a hint to have my seat to the lowest it cn go.) lol.

so anyway im playing half way through our last song and on of the floor tom legs loosens so then i try to get someones attention but no one cn understand what im sayin n they just smile. :mad: lol....so i had to stop for a second to tighten that up but other than that my part went ok. :|:eek:.

we played really {censored} but the crowd didnt notice n it was alot of our friends and we had the best crowd there. the two first bands didnt have many people there...i felt sorry for them. but then everyone came two watch us. (a lot being our mates.) lol but they still had two mosh pits goin which was {censored}ing hilarious cose the teachers went on bout not having mosh pits and yeah it jut went off.

we probably got the best crowd response which i was really happy about and yeh.

we finished second but a lot of people said "how did u guys not win" etc. so that made me even more happier.

sorry bout the late reply

P.S: our guitarist is mental (as in good) lol so yeah just thought id point it out

but im obviously the greatest......i joke i joke :blah:

any way thanks guys for given me that helping words

cheers also the vids will hopefully be up soon

will let u no

myles

• Members

:thu:Cher Doy mate,good luck and may you have many more.Even tho you may not be a rock star you will get to go places,do things, meet people, and have experiences that you wouldn't otherwise.hopefully some of them wont be too painful.Just kidding-sort of.

Archived