Great, drumheads are getting more expensive...

jenksdrummer

• Members

I love it when people stay on topic.

If we're all drummers/percussionists, we're family anyways, so lets.... well, I guess you have a point because I know a lot of families that argue like this...lol

Okay, argue away, but I say that these high drum head prices need to come down. I mean, we spend more on gas getting to our gigs, let alone the ones that are fortunate enough to drive gas-efficient vehicles, but when you drive a big-honkin' van around it gets mighty pricey to say the least.

Maybe if we all ban together as a group and petition the drum head companies to come down on their prices... yeah, like that will ever happen.. I can hear it now.

Maybe if we do the drum heads like we do gas. Stop buying them and make them get a giant stockpile created. I don't know, I'm just a crazy hill-billy.

And you would think that I would jump on this racial argument because I come from a predominantly white/redneck area, but I'm not going to dignify any of that off-topic babble with a response of my own.

It's a sad day when we can't get over our own petty conflicts we have towards each other.

ROCK ON!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your first post in this thread was to insult someone whose politics you don't know and likely couldn't understand.

I know enough of your "politics" from your post that I first commented on in this thread, and also from several of your other posts on this forum. After that, I called out several racist postings for what they were - racist. You can attempt to spin it otherwise, but those facts remain.

Sytubs - your posting of that map in the context of the other racial posts was simple reinforcement of that racism. Period. You knew that when you posted it.

Besides, I thought you were going to put me on your ignore list? Please do.

• Members

Bump :)

I was pricing heads today and noticed Evans were WAY higher than I remembered. Used to be $25-30 for an EQ3, now they are $52! And G2's are almost $20!

Let's see the price breakdown amongst the big 3:

2-ply clear tom heads (16")

Emperor - $16.99

G2 - $19.49

Response 2 - $16.99

1-ply coated snare heads (14")

Ambassador - $13.99

G1 - $14.99

Texture Coated - $12.75

1-ply muffling bass head (22")

Powerstroke 3 - $34.99

EQ3 - $51.99

Force I - $29.99

Now Evans are probably my favorite heads, Aquarian a close second, and I keep having problems with Remo. I was going to re-head with Evans as it was "my sound," but not when it's going to run me $250! And my local shop has Aquarians at 50% off list so I can get them even cheaper. No-brainer here.

• Members
Bump
:)

I was pricing heads today and noticed Evans were WAY higher than I remembered. Used to be $25-30 for an EQ3, now they are $52! And G2's are almost $20!

Let's see the price breakdown amongst the big 3:

2-ply clear tom heads (16")

Emperor - $16.99

G2 - $19.49

Response 2 - $16.99

1-ply coated snare heads (14")

Ambassador - $13.99

G1 - $14.99

Texture Coated - $12.75

1-ply muffling bass head (22")

Powerstroke 3 - $34.99

EQ3 - $51.99

Force I - $29.99

Now Evans are probably my favorite heads, Aquarian a close second, and I keep having problems with Remo. I was going to re-head with Evans as it was "my sound," but not when it's going to run me $250! And my local shop has Aquarians at 50% off list so I can get them even cheaper. No-brainer here.

ATTACK
2-ply clear 16"
$17.25

1-ply coated snare head 14"
$8.63

1-ply bass head (tone ridge)
$24.99

• Members
Told ya mang!
:)

It's getting stupid.

Yeah, I was thinking "what the hell is he talking about, I just paid $30 for 12" and 15" Studio X's and a 14" Studio X coated" but then I looked at Evans prices... :cry:

I can't say how glad I am my local shop has such good prices. Plus every time I go there they are just the nicest guys I've ever met in retail. Hell, one guy gave me the number for his auto mechanic who works on imports for cheap :thu:

Archived