Need Help on what to buy

tomyco

• Members

Here's the situation.............

I play a little guitar and sing but mostly I'm a songwriter! I have a Pro Tools LE set up in my home studio. I do not play drums or have any real knowledge on drums.

I would like to buy a drum kit that would work in my home studio. What I mean by that is, I would like to get the best value on a drum kit to have drummers come in and play drums on my original songs.

I'm looking for a drum set that if someone came in they would not be embarassed playing the drums. At the same point, I do not want to spend a lot of money on the drums, I would rather put money into other areas of my studio.

So, lets separate the two, drum kit and cymbals. Please keep it simple, again, I am not up on the drum terminology. What would you recommend I get for drums (Something good but reasonalbe in cost) and cymbals (Do I really need Zildjians?) I heard Saluda cymbals were pretty good and very affordable. Is Saluda acceptable?

Rememember I don't need an incredible set, But I don't want a drummer to come in and say, "i can't play on these"

Please give me brand and model numbers. I will take a consensus of all the answers. Thanks!

• Members

look for a used e kit, for a non-drummer, it seems like the best way to go, because you will also need to get mics, and all that shiz...

+1

And you won't have to worry about tuning, replacing heads, how to mic, etc.

Archived