Alesis USB Pro Kit?

lewzer

• Members

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/USBProKit

Hi all, I'm researching different electronic drums but I haven't found much info on this one yet. It looks like it will be coming out at the end of the month so I'm trying to find out if it will be right for me. First some background:

I'm mainly a guitar player, I've been playing for about 7 years. But, my first exposure to music was with drums in high school. I don't have much experience with drum sets, but I do have a soft spot for drumming. Now, I live in an apartment, so I can't get an acoustic set and I won't be able to any time soon.

The main reason I want an electronic kit is to record drum tracks to go along with guitar tracks in garageband. I don't want to deal with drum machines. I'd rather do it myself and since I'm in the music program at college, I hope to learn drums and piano along with my guitar studies.

So, do you think this would be my best bet for my situation? I like this one for the USB capabilities, but then again I don't know a whole lot about them. I just want something that sounds great, works easily with garageband, and won't drive the neighbors crazy.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for the help.

• Members

Not many Alesis users here. Most Alesis stuff is well thought out and simple to use and easily high enough quality for the bedroom studio. HopeDrums, a member here, retailer of electric percussion, and in the know about many products might tell you different but I personally don't see much of a downside to your plan.

• Members

Not many Alesis users here. Most Alesis stuff is well thought out and simple to use and easily high enough quality for the bedroom studio. HopeDrums, a member here, retailer of electric percussion, and in the know about many products might tell you different but I personally don't see much of a downside to your plan.

Yes, email brian@hopedrums and check out his site http://www.hopedrums.com

He will give it to you straight up.

• Members

Thanks for the info, I'll give brian an email and see what he thinks. Like I said, I would like to get an acoustic set but it's just not an option since I live in an apartment and probably will for a long time. I'm looking for strictly a practicing/recording set up. With the USB pro, I'm worried that the "real" cymbals might be kind of loud in the apartment..otherwise it looks like a fun kit to me. I just wish the heads were a bit bigger..

Archived