Updated pictures of my sonor kit

Thirsty93

• Members

I've always liked Sonors and the natural finish on them is just beautiful. Awesome kit.:thu:

But GOD how I hate Vic Firth's Steve Gadd signature drumsticks (resting on your snare). :mad: Feels like I'm playing with spraypainted black chopsticks, and the tips chip away in no time. Damn, Steve Gadd is one of my favorite drummers and a timeless legend, but dammit I absolutely HATE his signature stick!!:freak:

Still a killler Sonor kit though.

• Members

reguarding the sticks I don't like how slick they feel, and the tips are a little too harsh for my my ride.

I like how the sticks feel BUT the black paint has got to go,flakes and gets all over the place.I would like to move the smaller toms over the hi hat but my stands aren't tall enough.tell ya what I would love to mike the kit up and see how it would sound.

• Members

I like how the sticks feel BUT the black paint has got to go,flakes and gets all over the place.I would like to move the smaller toms over the hi hat but my stands aren't tall enough.tell ya what I would love to mike the kit up and see how it would sound.

Nice ass set dude! I understand about wanting to move the toms. I have a 7 pice Yamaha and have been thinking of a rack for that reason. But I have a 13" tom where your 12" is and my 16"X16" floor tom is where your 14" floor/tom is. I see you did the same as I did about a year ago. You too like your ride to the right of the biggest rack tom but the ride is too big to get to fit right. I also have a HH crash/ride where your A custom is so I really have two rides.

Is why the next set I get will probally get them in the sizes you have and push the toms down and to the right. The rack I had with my first set really helped a lot. But since I'm not gigging or playing out, I've just been making due.

What does that Picolo tom sound close to? I used to have some roto toms and after having them for awhile, I got sick of the sound. Is it anything like roto toms??

• Members

Beautiful Kit Thirsty!!

I like your set-up also. I'd be curious how ya like the Piccolo snare. I've been lookin' at a small set of LP's Timbales to clip to my Hi-Hat stand. But Piciclo's always seem to catch my eye. If ya don't mind me askin, and I could just look it up, how much was that one?

Anyway, everything is really sweet:thu:

• Members

Beautiful Kit Thirsty!!

I like your set-up also. I'd be curious how ya like the Piccolo snare. I've been lookin' at a small set of LP's Timbales to clip to my Hi-Hat stand. But Piciclo's always seem to catch my eye. If ya don't mind me askin, and I could just look it up, how much was that one?

Anyway, everything is really sweet:thu:

I looked at the lp timbales but didn't really care for them after I played on them,used to have a set of roto tom's when I had my Tama set,but I really like the dw piccolo tom's.I think they sound better then the roto's do,I think I picked this up at gc for 65.00.Then you have to use a Large 12.7mm L-rod ball arm with 7/8" down tube.tuned my 8" about a octive and a half up from where it was and it all flow;s really good.

• Members

very nice kit man. ive heard and experienced nothing but good things with sonor. i like your set up a lot, looks like a blast to play.

have fun with the kit!

edit: i just noticed you have an empty cymbal stand on the left! stick a small crash or big splash or mini china on there or something! maybe even another ride

• Members

very nice kit man. ive heard and experienced nothing but good things with sonor. i like your set up a lot, looks like a blast to play.

have fun with the kit!

edit: i just noticed you have an empty cymbal stand on the left! stick a small crash or big splash or mini china on there or something! maybe even another ride

I'll add one more crash,I always plan ahead!!!Thanks for all the compliments guys.As you guys can tell I'm one of thoise people who like to play clean kits.I'm just anal like that.

• Members

What would be the least expensive way to record my kit?

2 overhead mics and (if you want) a kick mic.

line em into a small mixer (or PA amp/head if one is available) then into your computer.

thats how i do it. nothing expensive, just sure PG48s as overheads and another inside the kick. not professional quality but for what im doing it gets the job done.

• Members

soo clean. congrats.

I have a very similar setup, minus the piccolo tom. I have a 7pc Mapex Saturn Special edition (blue galaxy sparkle) finish w/ nickel chrome black hardware, except I have my 8" and 10" toms swapped around.

Zildjian ftw, wow I have my cymbals placed exactly like you do..weird. 17" Avedis Thin Crash, 8" K custom dark splash, 10" A custom splash, 18" A custom projection crash, 20" ZBT (lol) ride, 19" K custom hybrid china.

pics:

l_dad406e97c2074ff3006c7ee3d0c4e72.jpg

l_24549df6bc95b74b75af0d1741e5b47d.jpg (yes we used to jam in my guitarist's kitchen lol)

l_0fdf710c9d3a6f6157f26f54454183da.jpg

• Members

soo clean. congrats.

I have a very similar setup, minus the piccolo tom. I have a 7pc Mapex Saturn Special edition (blue galaxy sparkle) finish w/ nickel chrome black hardware, except I have my 8" and 10" toms swapped around.

Zildjian ftw, wow I have my cymbals placed exactly like you do..weird. 17" Avedis Thin Crash, 8" K custom dark splash, 10" A custom splash, 18" A custom projection crash, 20" ZBT (lol) ride, 19" K custom hybrid china.

pics:

l_dad406e97c2074ff3006c7ee3d0c4e72.jpg
l_24549df6bc95b74b75af0d1741e5b47d.jpg
(yes we used to jam in my guitarist's kitchen lol)

l_0fdf710c9d3a6f6157f26f54454183da.jpg

Nice kit I almost went with mapex when I was looking for my kit.

Archived