Drum appraisal anyone?

xethicx

• Members

Ok first off, I am new here so I am truly sorry if this sort of thing is frowned upon or if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am looking for some help with a general appraisal for my drum kit and I have no clue where to even start. My buddy told me this would be a good place to get some ideas so here I am.

I have been a drummer for 15 years. I have played in a lot of bands but have since gotten out of playing live due to just not having enough free time to do so. But I am left with a drum kit now that I feel is too much to just play occasionally. I could also use the money from the sale for other areas of my life.

It is a 7 piece PEAVEY Radial Pro kit 5th Anniversary edition. The red one with the black hand prints of the assembly line workers in the finish. It also has the carbon fibre floating rims, not the wooden rims.

Ive heard these kits are quite sought after in the drum world and I have seen the lower end version with the wooden rims go for a pretty penny.

There are some bumps and bruises like on any kit thats done some touring and regular gigging but nothing that extensive. The original snare is also not with the kit but I am willing to sell my Ludwig Supraphonic 14x5 snare with the kit.

The kit has a 22" kick and 10,12,14,16 & 18 toms.

I am not at this time looking to include any cymbals or stands as I wish to keep them around because I will be buying a lower end kit to have around for when I want to play.

Thanks everyone, I hope someone can help!

• Members

'Bout tree fitty.

Considering a friend of mine bought ONE tom from the same type of kit on ebay for $650 (18" floor tom). I would doubt that. And I think the Supraphonic snares go for a fair dollar alone.

Im just looking for some ballpark guesses.

I would also entertain selling off the cymbals, stands and pedals as well if someone really wanted a package deal.

18" Z custom crash, 18" 70;s era Ziljian crash, 18" Z custom china, 12" wuhan china, pearl eliminator double pedal and so on.

• Members

Sounds like a sweet deal..

I actually spoke to a Peavey rep in town here that said he has had a few buyers come to him for this style kit and that I shouldnt take under $2000CDN for the drums even without the original snare or the Ludwig Supraphonic. But who knows...

I dunno, Im not looking for FAT cash here, I just want to get a reasonable return.

• Members

Here is my suggestion:

Take a lot of very good pictures. Take them of the kit set up from the front and the rear. Take close ups of of each drum, multiple angles.

Come op with a detailed description . Put it on ebay, run a 10 day auction, have it end late afternoon / early evening on Sunday.

You will know exactly what it is worth ;-)

Archived