snare ID, help please?

sirskatealot066

• Members

a few more pics would help ...

lugs look like slingerland from the 50's, sticksaver batter hoop?, copycat zoomatic strainer? ... I don't know if Slingerland ever made shell like that (middle raised part)

looks like a Frankenstein brand ...

unfortunately i dont have anymore pics. this one is one i took from my cell phone at work and i dont have it around.

also quite possible it could be a frankenstein, as its been sitting around in the back room at my work (instrument rental/repair/sales) for years. now that you mention it im thinking maybe somebody put parts together to make a snare to be used as a rental and threw it in a corner when we got new ones.

• Members

I rebuilt one about ten years ago for my uncle, and for the life of me I cant remember what the name of the kit was.......I will remember eventually. the round knobs and raised center section of the shell is the only reason i remember.

• Members

not a rogers.......Looks like a ludwig, symphonic shell?

Yeah, while those lugs resemble Slingy - they're not quite like that - and I don't think Slingy never made a shell with that raised rib in middle - but Ludwig did!

I'll bet you a shiny new nickel that it's a cheap Asian knock-off, which started appearing in the U.S. in the 60s by the way...

kestrou

Archived