Way OT-This is Change?

twosticks

• Members

I believe the Messiah, I mean Obama has found the true identity of Electric drums or Manno Tanno in Fort Myers Fla. Here's the link. Is just me or has Obama turned the presidency into a psuedo-celeberity/ MC with stuff such as this??? I kept exspecting him to say "Johnny, tell 'em what he's won...":facepalm:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2009/02/62687523/1?se=yahoorefer

Meanwhile....the economy falls, the war in Iraq wages on, congress keeps bailing out everybody and our command in chief is....well, down south working on important matters about how he wants his Bic Mac. I love the way the media plays it up "Man lands job after talking to Obama"! yeah, for a day,until they find out he can't communicate for more than 10 seconds without taking big dramatic pauses that take up too much time. What's next? "Obama visits American Idol and ratings soar!"? :blah:

• Members

Because it'll only take two weeks to pull out of iraq, fix the economy, and make everyone happy despite whatever presumptions or notions they have about the guy.

give it a break, man. the media's going to hop all over and exploit whatever news they can get their hands on, this is nothing new.

• Members

Just like every other idealistic President in recent memory, Obama has now joined the "Holy SH*T!" club.

I'd give a lot to see pictures of Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama when they sat down in the Oval Office for their first briefing, and were told by the top brass, "OK, we know what you've been told in the media and other non-classified avenues. Now, here's what's REALLY going on."

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "What the Hell have I gotten myself into???!!!"

:D

• Members

Ha ha yeah. I think he is in the "Holy SH*T!" club.

I could speak my mind of what I think about the situation, but its better to keep it to myself....

No, please speak it, just be sure to include accurate, unbiased comments about George W. as well. The one-sided thing is pointless.

• Members

Because it'll only take two weeks to pull out of iraq, fix the economy, and make everyone happy despite whatever presumptions or notions they have about the guy.

give it a break, man. the media's going to hop all over and exploit whatever news they can get their hands on, this is nothing new.

Okay, point taken. But so far this has been absurd! Another story is on the news about how Obama helped a lady get a place to stay after she lost her house. Really it was someone that gave her a place to stay in one of their houses they had. I'm giving him a chance, man I hope it's as easy for him to solve the war and economy as you say. But right now it's like he's the next Ed McMahn and if he knocks on your door, you've won the lottery!

Time marches on, I'll give him a chance and we'll see.

• Members

Its been two weeks man, I had two weeks training, and 90 day probationary period to fix machines in factories, gotta give some time to get adjusted to how it works man.

So far in two weeks he's done more good than I expected.

Took 8 years to let the free market destroy this place, gonna take at least a term to fix some of the damage.

Yes he should be subject to the same scrutinty as any other administration, but come on, try something different, conservative ideology doesn't work, unless you are rich. And I doubt many of us on this forum is rich, even though a little money in the pocket makes us think we are elite.

Sorry random babble.

• Members

:facepalm:

This. The media is out of control, not Obama.

• Members

haha.... well Bush got some major criticism for things beyond him, one is the war. Any president would have gone to war in those circumstances. Could it have been handled better? Yes, definitely. Bush had a hard time in office with many things like 911 and terrorism and all that jazz, he could have done so much better with the situations than what was done. Did i vote for him, yes. Do I think he was a great president, no. He did the job mediocre.

Now Obama, hes only been in for a short short time. He promised this and that and then this and that. I mean the guys a moron, and the people who believe him are too. There is no way in hell all of that is going to be done and done as fast as he constantly implies. I want the guy to be one hell of a great president, this country is in no place for someone to bull{censored} his way around and make things seem better when not a damn thing is happening. I watched part of that speech gee jaw last night and was amazed by how he seemed to never answer a question. He promised all this great stuff and now hes already going back on it, or haulin' ass to get himself clear and safe from any failed promises.

Yeah, every president wants to do the best, and the citizens want the president to do that too. Obama needs to learn that this presidency is different than others. The United States is in a war, the economy is failing, and jobs are being lost at record rates. Instead of trying to play nice guy and make himself seem like the savior of all this crap, he needs to sit down and give a speech to this country that is honest. Tell everyone that things are really bad. It's going to take 3+ years for the stock market to bounce back, the war will end, but we need to take our time and plan our retreat. I'm sick of the a-hole rushing into everything as if he is god. This {censored}s gonna take time, don't bail out everything, it adds to the debt of this nation and obviously isnt doing any good, this is the what 3rd bailout, and 2 of them were huge?!!? Quit it, things will come back, the president and the citizens need to calm down and not get crazy about all of this and let things happen slowly.

Well, thats all of my rant. Hopefully the guy and his cabinet gets their {censored} straight and turn this country back to what it was 4 years ago and make it even better than that. Get out of the war when we are all safe and when the initial threat is gone. Get the economy kickin again and make things better for everyone. Free money only means more inflation, and higher prices.

• Members

Yes, it would be nice to be informed.

OT. After watching UFO hunters, tonight, and after hearing about

ufo`s OVER the worlds busyest airport, O`hare in Chicago,

I`d like to hear a reporter ask Pres. Obama,

so, ufo`s exist, and have been reported MANY times

in your area, how many more years before the goverment

STOPS lieing to us?

Obama`s reply would be

A. I want a big mac

B. I don`t know of anything of that nature.

Sorry, but for once, why can`t we ACTUALLY have

a pres that`s HONEST with us, the AMERICAN people.

THAT`S ALL I ask.

• Members

Give him more time. I voted for him, but all this about old habits have to change in Washington :blah::blah::blah: is a pipe dream. Washington has been run this way since 1777 and it ain't gonna change. Sorry. Cynical I know. He is putting together a plan to close Gitmo. Cred deserved there. The "stimulus package" will be genius if it works and foolish if it doesn't. We won't know for a couple of years. Give him a little time.

haha.... well Bush got some major criticism for things beyond him, one is the war. Any president would have gone to war in those circumstances.

Well, any president probably would have gotten us into Afghanistan after September 11, 2001, I'll give you that. Only one would have gotten us into Iraq. Dumb move then, dumb move now. Sad, but there's no rationalizing that one. We've killed about 300 times the number of people over there than were killed on September 11, 2001 and no one in Iraq killed any of those that were killed at the World Trade Center that day.

Nice try though.

• Members

The United States is in a war, the economy is failing, and jobs are being lost at record rates. Instead of trying to play nice guy and make himself seem like the savior of all this crap, he needs to sit down and give a speech to this country that is honest. Tell everyone that things are really bad. It's going to take 3+ years for the stock market to bounce back, the war will end, but we need to take our time and plan our retreat.

When I listen to Obama speak I'm hearing all of these things... he's telling us that {censored} is {censored}ed without actually saying it. The American people as a mass populace demand instant gratification... they want their president to say he's going to fix everything and make it all better... they want to maintain their AMERICA, {censored} YEAH perception that God's almighty hand is laid upon this country and nothing can harm us. If Obama were to step up and say some real {censored}, people would go into a panic and I know for a fact those saying Barack Obama is a bag full of {censored}, are going to scream and yell, claiming Obama's speech a sign of weakness. Apparently the people want a strong, confident president.

He can't win with everybody, but time will tell. I assumed that everyone was keen on taking the news with a grain of salt... remember, the entire world of news and reporting is just a massive entertainment industry. They're not there to report and inform, they're there to entertain.

• Members

{censored}in' hell people go back to playing drums and and/or doing whatever it is you do to contribute to society and quit bitching about how "Obama hasn't fixed the economy"...."Obama hasn't gotten ME my money" etc, etc.... Please. Welcome to 2009: A time of PCs, GPS, cellphones, and INSTANT GRATIFICATION. The man has been in office for one god damned month for crying out loud. Last time I checked, it took Bush a good 4 years to {censored} everything up and then another 4 to solidify that first round of {censored}ing.

I just don't see why everyone can't try and step up and try and HELP. That's been Obama's whole deal from the beginning. It's not HIS problem. It is OUR problem. Remember back when people used to be able to get together and get things done?

OK, rant over :D.

...and +1000 Mogwix :thu: :thu:

• Members

I think Keith Moon would have been a much better president.

No, I disagree. Bonham would have straightened all this {censored} out in a polyrhythmic, groove based fashion. Where as Moon would have been a hard driver, but extremely manic as far as making decisions. Plus, the Oval office would have been a mess. And we can't have that. :rolleyes::wave:

• Members

There was a wonderful line that came out of the movie the American President, spoken by Michael J Fox. He said something to the fact that "Mr President, the people are so thirsty for leadership that they'll walk through the desert to find water, and when they can't find water they drink the sand!"

And Michael Douglas says in response..."they don't drink the sand because they are thristy, they drink the sand because they don't know any better..."

This country is so hungry for a positive leader, that with the help of the media, anything and everything that Obama does is gonna have a positive spin on it. MO is on the cover of Vogue this month...and the caption reads "the first lady we've all been waiting for" or something to that effect. Why? Because she's a woman of color? So?

:arg:When I voted this past fall, I didn't vote for a color. I didn't vote to be popular. I voted for a policy I thought would work, AND THAT'S IT...PERIOD. For the record...I AM COLOR BLIND (and...it doesn't matter to me...a good man is a good man, a capable man is a capable man (or woman). His race to me is not an issue! Let the Obama's DO something first instead of talking about doing something. Let the country get going again before the savior words comes out! If not, we're all gonna be in trouble...

Maybe I should be from Missouri...show me man, show me!!:poke:

• Members

At this point, I'm just happy to not be embarrassed when he speaks.

Amen brother. And I agree with whoever said, "Be pissed at the media, not Obama."

That kid is a complete dork...based on what I have seen of him, I wouldn't hire him either. And it wasnt Obama that help out the homeless lady, it was a good samaritan.

Which got me thinking, all those billions of dollars...what would happen if the government paid off all existing mortgages? Would that help the economy?

• Members

No, I disagree. Bonham would have straightened all this {censored} out in a polyrhythmic, groove based fashion. Where as Moon would have been a hard driver, but extremely manic as far as making decisions. Plus, the Oval office would have been a mess. And we can't have that.
:rolleyes::wave:

They're trying out more of a Brian Blade/ Tony Williams type. Someone that can adapt to odd times while communicating abstract ideas. :)

• Members

There was a wonderful line that came out of the movie the American President, spoken by Michael J Fox. He said something to the fact that "Mr President, the people are so thirsty for leadership that they'll walk through the desert to find water, and when they can't find water they drink the sand!"

And Michael Douglas says in response..."they don't drink the sand because they are thristy, they drink the sand because they don't know any better..."

This country is so hungry for a positive leader, that with the help of the media, anything and everything that Obama does is gonna have a positive spin on it. MO is on the cover of Vogue this month...and the caption reads "the first lady we've all been waiting for" or something to that effect. Why? Because she's a woman of color? So?

:arg:When I voted this past fall, I didn't vote for a color. I didn't vote to be popular. I voted for a policy I thought would work, AND THAT'S IT...PERIOD. For the record...I AM COLOR BLIND (and...it doesn't matter to me...a good man is a good man, a capable man is a capable man (or woman). His race to me is not an issue! Let the Obama's DO something first instead of talking about doing something. Let the country get going again before the savior words comes out! If not, we're all gonna be in trouble...

Maybe I should be from Missouri...show me man, show me!!:poke:

lol, I am from missouri, but have worked in illinois for the past 15 years. mr obama was senator from illinois for over two years......and he never did anything for his own state not alone the country, but i will give him a couple of years to change my mind. I hope it works out....:facepalm:

Oh and by the way the media sucks...at least 99.5% of it..

Archived