Doublebass pedal for v-drums

starsnuffer

• Members

Hello,

I recently purchased a roland td9 kit for my studio. It's primarily for me to knock around on (I'm a guitarist, don't pretend to be a drummer) and for drummers that come over to have something to record on for demos and such.

I need to get a bass drum pedal. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't want something that is crap either. I'm probably going to get a double-bass pedal since the two drummers in my primary bands both play with double-bass pedals and I figured maybe I'll get good enough to use it in the long run.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-W

• Members

The bass drum pad is rubber. It's a TD9 so it's the only non-mesh pad. Are felt beaters okay on that or should I switch to plastic anyway?

My two drummers play DW and the other with iron cobras. I found a DW9000 local for a good price ($260) so I think I'm going to pick that up so long as it's in good condition (meeting the guy tomorrow).

I appreciate all the suggestions.

Is the rubber bass drum pad with the TD9 alright for now or should I look at a mesh bass drum down the line?

-W

• Members

Nice fake kit! hehe

How much did that setup cost you?

As for the thread: it's hard to go wrong with high end Tama or DW pedals. I wonder how the PDP BOA pedals are.

Cost a pretty penny... but it's actually 50 kits that I can play at 4 am without waking my wife or the neighbors, so I'm certainly not complaining! :D

Archived