What Percentage do Booking Agents Get?

min7b5

• Members

I’ve got someone, that I think I like a lot, that is interested in taking over the booking of gigs for me. At some point they’d perhaps be an “artist manager”, but for now, as a “booking agent” what’s their cut? What do agencies charge?

• Members

90% of the time I do my own hustlin', but I do occ. book through three different agencies: two charge 20% for one-nighters & 15% for two or more -nighters. The other charges a flat 25%, but gets me such great paying gigs that I don't mind her rates at all!

Why not just sit down and discuss it w/ your friend...y'all'll likely work out a mutually satisfactory arrangement...then PUT IT IN WRITING!

• Members

Many booking agents either do a 70/30 or 80/20 split in the Twin Cities, and it usually works out just fine. Sometimes it's worth getting a manager who takes a flat rate of 15-20% who ALSO does your booking...but those are relatively hard to find, and end up getting burnt out because they're doing too much {censored}.

• Members

The percentage depends on the booking agent or agency. Generally speaking 10% is normal for a small agency but a larger agency can get 15% to 20% (The Agency Group, Creative Artists, Evolution Talent, World Wide, etc.). The larger companies also take a percentage of any overages you may receive (generally speaking).

Hope it helps

Trace

Archived