Rogers on the way...

cdawg

• Members

So, for those of you keeping score, i'm finally getting shipped the last of the shells for my "new vintage" project kit:

24, 20 FT, 16 FT, 15, 13 and a 14 marching snare just for fun. sure , the 20 is a BD, but i think it'd be fun as a FT. the 15 is a marching snare, but i'm gonna snare stand mount it as a tom. i prob won't use all of the drums all of the time, but i figure it'll give me a bunch to work with for different gigs, etc. sorry if i'm boring y'all, just really psyched!!:thu:

• Members

i knew it!! ok, ok. when i get home. i have, in hand the 14, 20 and the 15. Bobby from the drum farm is hooking me up with the rest, so it's shipping out today. jumping the gun a bit, sure. but i gotta strip these sukkaz down, sand a bit, fill some holz, then off to the wrappers they go! i'm gonna do the black diamond on them. was thinking champagne, but that might be a bit much on a bigger kit.

• Members

yeah, i found a couple of places for 20's, actually. as soon as we started talking about them, i got all panic-stricken, but lots of places have 'em.

and, yeah, bobby's a really good guy. he's got some hardware i'm gonna snag a little later on, too. real gold mine.

• Members

ok, here's half of the fam. 20" FT, 14" snare, 15" tom (marching snare.) the 15 needs some glue sanded off, 14 needs some holes filled then refin, and the FT needs unwrapped and sanded a little. not sure of the shape of the drums from bobby, but i trust him.

• Members

cdawg, is the 14" finished on the inside or is it mahogany?

the 14 is hog inside. def 3 ply. i was gonna just wrap it, knowing that some idiot drilled it for 2-hole lugs, on the bottom. but after seeing it, i just gotta fill those holes and just run with the natural finish. man, it's gonna be killer! never had a single point lug, snare before. i'm pretty psyched.

• Members

Very nice cdawg!!!!

Bringing this kit to Columbus Ohio?

gonna do my best, but it's a long shot. my wife doesn't know about the other 3 shells coming (oops,) and i still have to get 'em all wrapped, pick up the hardware, etc. but i think i'll at least concentrate on the snare while i'm saving for the rest. i would like to get them all done in steps. so the 'hog' snare might make it!

as for the 14/18 FT suggestion, i'm going to be running a 15 mounted and a 16 FT, too. that'll do it.

as for the mallets, got sum of dem fancy sticks wit da mals on 1 end, stick part on da uther. BOOM.:thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

so, i just tracked and found that the rest of my rogers kit is sitting on my front porch (hopefully.) so, as long as no one took them, i'll have pix of my 24 BD, 16 FT and 13 tom. that's the kit! now, for the stripping and sanding... ugh. and hole filling (insert disgusting comment here...)

• Members

Re tracking, I ship stuff all day long but have never seen this type of msg on UPS trk function before:

(-was supposed to go out ups grd on Monday which would have put it on my doorstep Thursday, Wednesday best case-)

Scheduled Delivery Date:

08/13/2009 (Updated)

08/17/2009 (Original)

Does that mean that they upgraded to 2nd day air but didn't ship until yesterday?

(congrats on the Rogers, Dawg!)

Archived