Is This Worth It?

nedsteve

• Members

I know nothing about drums but am going to buy my son a drum set. I came across this set of shells for $600.00 and need your opinions.

It is a 7 pc. Tama ImperialStars with sizes 18"x24" b.d. w/Aquarian Super kick2 heads and double kick pad, 16"x18"f.t., 16"x16"f.t.,. F.t.'s have Air Ride feet.

13"x14"t.t., 11"x12"t.t., 9"x10"t.t., 8"x8"t.t., All t.t.'s have R.I.M.S. mounts.

Newer Aquarian Performance 2 heads, 10" and 12" toms have Evans Clear Hydraulics. Cases for all drums are included.

3n13kb3oe5O15Pb5S398n2c9a80dddeb518.jpg

3n43pd3lf5O35Q35P698n289ede33f5851d.jpg

Is this set worth the price?

Thank you for your help.

• Members

gotta agree with gear,keep searching

i would look for a 5 piece that has some hardware with it.

ie; cymbals ,stands,throne, etc

damn your a good dad.

He does not know he is getting it. Want to get something he can grow into. I play guitar and wasted a lot of money buying (starter gear) at the beginning. I figure he can use it as a 5pc to start. I know there is other stuff to buy and that is not a problem. Just really need to know if this shell pack is worth the price.

Thanks to all who have replied so far.:thu:

• Members

those are very large drums!

if your kid can play drums that big buy him a basketball and some sneakers.

$600 isn't a bad price for those, plan on spending that much or more on nice cymbals, which are slightly more important than nice drums.t

• Members

These Imperialstars (of the era shown) have a little collectibility factor going because Copeland played some. That is, for Tama freaks. But not what I would buy for a beginner. You can do better. I just sold a shell pack of modern StarClassics (pro series current drums) for not much more than this.

Archived