Finally getting some cymbals

jskpongoui

• Members

Hello everyone!

I want to start looking at some cymbals, because I'm getting back into drums

I wanna get a hi hat and 2 crashes or so. (not all at the same time, I just wanted to get a feel for what to look for)

i really like the sound of those crashes if that helps, I dont know if anyone could help identifying brand or size, or something that sounds similar

the hi hat is quite nice too

i particularly like this hi hat

I don't know if I just gave conflicting information....

Was wondering if anyone could help me out?

and I am willing to buy used...

I have no real price range... I just dont wanna spend like 300 bucks per cymbal or something ridiculous I would prefer to shoot for around 200 each...

Thanks guys,

sorry if i rambled too much im just looking for your guys' thoughts on those cymbals and what I should look at etc...

I will be playing a lot of broken social scene, and bloc party

thanks again

• Members

While I love Extra Drys and Turks and the like, they aren't for everyone. And not every single one of them is a winner. I really think the OP needs something more general use.

New Beat hats

Avedis or Sabian AA crashes

Sabian AA or HH Raw Bell Dry ride

If you want your hats to sound dry, just play them dirty.

• Members

While I love Extra Drys and Turks and the like, they aren't for everyone. And not every single one of them is a winner. I really think the OP needs something more general use.

New Beat hats

Avedis or Sabian AA crashes

Sabian AA or HH Raw Bell Dry ride

If you want your hats to sound dry, just play them dirty.

Yeah I was thinking that myself, I really enjoy that sound but I don't think it would be practical and wouldnt really fit into the mix...

and what im hearing in the BSS video i showed is more of a wet slap kind of sound >.

• Members

What kind of music do you play?

It's tough to sum up what I will be playing but...

boards of canada, broken social scene, bloc party, talking heads, LCD soundsystem, MGMT ...

donno how to sum that up

:idk:

i dont know if you saw the video in the description, but I really like the sound of these cymbals

Archived