What is your favorite set of drumsticks?

akaiser77

• Members

For louder/heavier stuff: Vater Universal.

General 'go to' stick is Regal 9A or Groovers, PM Ian Paice or Carl Palmer. The Paice & Palmer .579" diameter is perfect for me, I just wish the CP was a tad longer.

For light rock or jazzy stuff: PM Jazz Cafe MJZ-5, VF SD4 Combo, PM Minnemann 721 maple, or Vater Excel.

• Members

I'm in flux right now with stick models. I just bought some Vic Firth SD4 maples that I like, but they chew up quickly. I like the VF Extreme 5A but the weight of them is pretty inconsistent, and I tend to like the lighter ones. For extremely light gigs I still pick up my Zildjian 7A wood tips, or sometimes the Vater Manhattan 7As. So yeah, I'm in flux.

• Members

Promark Oak, gotta love em! I use 7A's primarily but i bust out the 5A's for the louder stuff. It always felt awkward using a thicker stick than 5A but fortunately the japanese oak makes up for whatever lack of thickness

• Members

I almost forgot to mention two absolutely wonderful sticks.

For jazz, the Peter Erskine Ride Stick is really hard to beat. I love the feel of them and they get some fantastic sounds out of the cymbals that no other stick can.

For harder rock and stuff where I need to play loud, I love me some Pro-Mark 5B Japan Oaks. Those babies last forever and feel wonderful.

• Members

For jazz, the Peter Erskine Ride Stick is really hard to beat. I love the feel of them and they get some fantastic sounds out of the cymbals that no other stick can.

+1, my favorite stick by far. Plays like a thin stick due to the long taper without being too thin for an overall great range.

For heavier stuff I like the maple sd2s or sd10 swingers. The maple feels light in weight while being thick and powerful at the same time.

Archived