vintage rogers?

Longshanks

• Members

theres a place selling some 70's(?) rogers drums in the butcherblock finish.

they seem to be in ok condition, but they're all missing their bottom rims/hoops.

its a 3 piece, not sure of the exact sizes but im pretty sure they're 8x12 and 14x14 toms, and a 14x18 kick, also comes with a snare, but that not rogers.

They're selling them for $300. what can you guys tell me about these drums? any info appreciated.

cheers

-Shanks

• Members

Tough to say for sure without seeing them, but even $300 seems kind of steep for 3 small, incomplete old drums in an oddball finish. (Not that the butcher-block sets were so uncommon, but it's certainly among the less coveted Rogers finishes.)

• Members

Guys -- seriously, an 18" Rogers kick is like GOLD. For $300 it's a steal, even with the missing parts. If they are in serviceable condition it's a no brainer.

If the 18" kick is gold, then the 14" floor tom is silver.

I'd be all over that yesterday.

• Members

ok, it turns out the kick used to be a floor tom, but it got converted. i'm pretty sure the sizes are 16x18 kick (could be 14 instead of 16, i'm terrible at guesstimating) and i think the floor tom is the same size, and the other tom is 8x12.

As well as missing the bottom heads and rims, some are missing a couple of lugs. and they are slightly dinged/scratched...

still good?? you guys know more than i do about rogers....

Archived