New ddrums

jdrummys

• Members

To each his own, my initial opinion: reminds me of the Pearl Exports I played in highschool but trying to look a little more like DWs. I hate the length of the kick, toms look comfortable. Wood has a smaller effect to sound than we think, it's mostly bearing edge, head selection, and size. As long as the shells are structurally sound they should totally be workable, which I'm sure they are. Can't stand the finish though.

• Members

If I went with another finish, I'd choose a wood grain. Simple, classy, timeless, non-genre specific.

Thats what i was thinking, I went back and forth and landed with this

SN850404-1.jpg

looking on tamas sight, looks like they dont have my color now.

• Members

Actually now that im looking for it, the color i got last year, witch was new at NAMM 09 isnt even on the sight now. WTF Anyone know WTF????

When i ordered it it wasnt even out yet, now 12 months later it isnt available?

There's a ton of threads on PDF about NAMM. Apparently, TAMA changed all (or nearly all) their finishes for 2010.

Can't confirm. Just reporting internet talk.

• Members

I hate Ddrum cause they are sloppy. They can call the wood whatever they want, it may be alder wood, but it's probably not the alder wood we use here, probably processed somehow, and cheap. And the hardware, the metal they use is cheap. They look nice, brand new, I doubt they last 10 years.

Another reason I hate Ddrum, is it's just a name, a Chinese company, bought the Ddrum name and started selling acoustic drums with the name on it, it has nothing to do with actual Ddrum, a name we used to know and trust as quality Ekits. Older Ddrum ekits were amazing and way ahead of their time.

Another reason I hate Ddrum, is they are intentionally misleading, I've seen many tags on the kits that say Made in P.R.O.C. instead of China.. That is misleading and wrong.. Yes it means the same thing, but we don't look for that name on the tag, and a lot of people don't know it's China.

Archived