Thomas Pridgen out of Mars Volta...

cdawg

• Members

well, i'm not sure theodore quit, but i obviously can't say. he really rushed the live stuff, but i can't say that's why he's not around. i can't say i'll miss pridgen, though he is amazing. his playing made my head hurt sometimes.

• Members

well, i'm not sure theodore quit, but i obviously can't say. he really rushed the live stuff, but i can't say that's why he's not around. i can't say i'll miss pridgen, though he is amazing. his playing made my head hurt sometimes.

I just want him to put a shirt on.

Seriously, for two monster players like Jon and Thomas, TMV seemed like a perfect fit for those guys. Tough to see them filling in for Elton John or some crap like that.

• Members

Cedric said in an interview that Jon Theodore was fired for being lazy. I don't have a source, i read it a long time ago. I don't know what they got rid of Thomas Pridgen. I didn't really like him at all, I felt like he didn't let the music breath ever and couldn't play any simple beats.

I have high hopes for this new guy. His myspace is http://www.myspace.com/davidelitch

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Theodore quit because he didn't like the concept behind Bedlam in Goliath with all the magic. He was scared of it.

I didn't like pridgen much tbh, he was too loud too much of the time, no volume control. No variation in his fills, all the same.

• Members

in my mind, TMV is Owens, Omar and Cedric.

oh, and from Elitch

It came through mutual friends. [Mars Volta bassist] Juan Alderete called a friend of mine to do the gig and he couldn't do it so he gave him my name. When Juan called, I was actually in the middle of doing a session. I was walking into the studio and he called me and was like, "Hey, I need a drummer for this Mars Volta tour we

• Members

I got some inside info for ya....

OK, the new guy... I never met him, but I have a friend that is good friends with him. This is the story I was told....

Pridgen rolled a joint on his snare drum and smoked it durring a gig. Then F*ed up the intro to the next song because he was too high and he was fired for it.

Archived