SXSW?

Longshanks

• Members

I was in Austin today and caught Stone Honey on an outside patio gig at a place called Joe's right off of sixth street. Really nice little band there. I was hoping to catch Cheap Trick tonight but was totally whupped so I dragged my old ass back to the house!

• Members

I was in Austin today and caught Stone Honey on an outside patio gig at a place called Joe's right off of sixth street. Really nice little band there.

awesome! they're really good friends of mine. lead guitar player, phil, is one of the best players i've ever heard. and a SUPER nice guy.

i miss them foolz. they moved from LA to austin about a year ago.

• Members

awesome! they're really good friends of mine. lead guitar player, phil, is one of the best players i've ever heard. and a SUPER nice guy.

i miss them foolz. they moved from LA to austin about a year ago.

Dur! I was standin' there telling my lady I've heard their name before but I can't remember where from ! Now I remember it from your sig!:lol: And yes their lead guitar player was tha bomb!:thu:

• Members

A number of friends of mine are playing this year. If you get a chance, check out the following:

The Happy Hollows - modern indie rock like Vampire Weekend with a chick singer

Jessie Torrisi and the Please Please Me - Roots Rock/Americana

Da Rezarekt - Hip Hop/Rock

• Members

Dur! I was standin' there telling my lady I've heard their name before but I can't remember where from ! Now I remember it from your sig!
:lol:
And yes their lead guitar player was tha bomb!
:thu:

haha yeah. shawn (dude in the black cowboy hat that he ALWAYS wears - sings and plays rhythm) and phil are two real good friends. before they split for austin, their old drummer and his wife had a kid, so he bailed on going there. there was a brief window where i was gonna jam with 'em and maybe take over; but i found out they were actually MOVING there and not just going for a bit, so i was like "eh." i like LA. and i maybe fit in my current gig better anyway.

glad you dug 'em. they're a great band.

• Members

id love to go to this sometime in the near future. so many awesome bands play at this.

speaking of......hahaha check out my friends' band if you get a chance. they're called The Demon Beat and they play this really awesome grungy, honest style of alt-country/straight up rock. the last time i saw them they covered the stooges funhouse in its entirety and it was absolutely amazing

• Members

SXSW was amazing this year...

I was able to catch Muse and Hole Friday night. While in the crazy packed crowd at Hole I turned around to see Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey come out of nowhere. i was pretty drunk by this time but I yelled at Matthew "all right all right, I love them Redheads". I'm sure he found it annoying but it made a lot of people around us laugh. besides my friend and I helped clear a path for them so they got to go to the front rail..."{censored}ing celebrities", as John Doe told them.

it's amazing how many great bands/artists play at SXSW.

Archived