woodshed ?

satman

• Members
I still can't play fool in the Rain.
:cry:

man...I remember trying to learn that 20 years ago and I can say it just beat my ass. I was doing all sorts of 2 handed 16th variations for days and could never figure it out. The one day, I saw the Rod Morgenstein vhs tape.:love: Learning that opened up tons of licks, especially shuffles.

linear stuff...just remembered the Dave Garibaldi tape too...those tapes really helped me.

• Members

FYI for the guys working on The Purdie Shuffle and Fool In The Rain. Jim Payne has a nice article on page 66 of the July 2010 Modern Drummer on how to play the Purdie Shuffle.

Joe Bergamini has a good book called Drum Techniques of Led Zeppelin with a transcription of Fool In The Rain in it.

• Members

For me, it's the 8 bar 16th note run in "Canon in D" by Pachelbel. Almost have it, but I have to cross over to a D at a weird time that only be achieved by double sticking 16ths with the same hand on separate drums. If I want to "flam" the cello line at the same time the sticking may truly be impossible to ever do. But I'll keep trying. Haven't even considered what I'm going to try with the footwork yet.

Archived