Customizing your gear

FitchFY

• Members

With 2 sets of floor tom legs, I colored the flat leg tops of one set to clearly mark them.

Forgot about FT legs:

Also have 2 sets.

1) Since I sit very high up AND both FTs on my live kit are shallow shells (12" deep), I had to get extra long legs for both (XL Pearl suspension).

2) Each set is color coded with Sharpie (one color, red or black, for each drum). Since all 6 legs have memory locks and are at slightly different points on the legs, I also numbered each leg (in it's corresponding color for each drum), starting with the leg nearest me (at ~6 o'clock when I'm turned towards the drum) marked "I", and moving clockwise around the drum from there to "II" and "III".

On the "I" leg, I also Sharpied a small arrow () so I can easily tell ig the legs go to the 14 () (I'll have to change that if I move the 14 to the opposite side though...).

• Members

That reminds me. I gotta mark my snares for those cross stick Latin clave thingas. A quarter inch off anywhere can kill the whole feel. Funny that never happened in my garage era.

I do that, too. I also take a mic stand, even if I'm not singing. Put it to the right of my FT with a stick holder and Swirlygig.

• Members

[quote name=kmart;43228531)
2) Each set is color coded with Sharpie (one color' date=' red or black, for each drum). Since all 6 legs have memory locks and are at slightly different points on the legs, I also numbered each leg (in it's corresponding color for each drum), starting with the leg nearest me (at ~6 o'clock when I'm turned towards the drum) marked "I", and moving clockwise around the drum from there to "II" and "III".

On my previous drum set with 2 floor toms, I made the legs the same heights, 4 taller and 2 shorter for the near me side. Regardless, I place a set of 3 down even on the floor and choose by the memopry lock height what leg goes where.

Boomerweps

Archived