Tragic occurrence at home

mraia3

• Members
That's what drummers do, "stick" together!
:facepalm:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist.
:badump:

Seriously, I'm glad that you are feeling better about it. All things happen for a reason. Only the Man upstairs knows for sure.

No no no...that's "schtick/shtick" together!:badump:

:facepalm: I just had to do that!

• Members
I think Carm and Fusion may just be twins separated at birth.

:lol: Well I don't have a twin brother, but if I did, I'd be proud to say if it was Carmine. They don't come any better!

He, along with the rest of you, are all my "brothers" in drumming! :thu:

• Members
The smell of death is NOT in your house. It's a new beginning...a do over for him and his wife and kid. They just won't be doing it together...I had to comfort a friend of mine lately who had his best friend pass away after 65 years of friendship. Here is my email...

I'm sorry your friend is gone, but he's not really gone at all...he just changed a bit. Here's a scientific non religious thought for you to ponder to lighten your heart...and it's FACT! Einstein proved it way back when...did you know that all matter can never be lost...or gained for that matter (hehe) That means whatever is around today, was around at the beginning of time, and will be around at the end as well. Matter does change but cannot be gained or lost...it's like a candle. You light a candle...it burns...the wick and the wax go down, but they are not gone, they turned into gas. The gas and vapor are now in the air...they might not look like a candle any more, but they are still there. That's how everything works...it goes from one thing to another but is never really gone...fact!

There was a really old movie called "Houseboat" and it starred Cary Grant. In that story, he had lost his wife and his son was really sad. They were living on this boat and his son was really really sad because he lost his mom. He asked his dad, why she had to leave...it made him feel so bad. And Cary Grant explained it this way. He and his son sat on the edge of the boat. He had a pitcher of water in his hand and he said "Imagine if this was mom...she's wonderful and bright and meant the world to you. And then he took the pitcher of water and poured it over the side into the river. "Now, he said, did she really go and disappear because the water is no longer in the pitcher, or did she really just become part of something that was really bigger." When I heard that story, the light bulb went on in me. I may not be able to see the big picture cause I'm still in this universal little box as we know it, but I know the world is bigger than this little box. I just don't have the perspective to see it yet. You see, if you couple that story with the fact that scientifically nothing has the capability of ending, you have to come to the conclusion that he, Charlie, my mom and dad, yours etc...they're all still here...we just can't see the connection because we don't just have the correct perspective yet.

I don't mean to be preachy...that's not my style. And I'm surely not the holy roller, but I think I've got a good enough handle on it to get by now-a-days, and I'm hoping this may help a little. It's just a matter of perspective and you and I and all of us will come to know how it all works one day. For now, just enjoy the ride and your friends and family!

Matto, it's a little sad right now for them, you, and everyone involved. But once you get the right perspective on things, it just amounts to nothing more than a change of sorts. And just remember...nothing leaves this world...it just reforms into something else...
:thu:

Well put man, that's a great way of looking at it. That helps me to as I my Mom passed a couple of years ago and I really miss her. So thanks from me as well.

• Members

Well, here is a kick in the pants!!
Band practice last night. Lisa our singer runs up to me and tells me she spent the day at the beach (ah to be young, nubile, and off for the summer!)with family and friends. Turns out her sister was at a funeral last night for a friends husband who died Saturday.
He owned a trucking company, and was delivering furniture when he died in someones bathroom.
Turns out it was the same guy.
This is a small world we live in, for sure.

• Members

Well, here is a kick in the pants!!

Band practice last night. Lisa our singer runs up to me and tells me she spent the day at the beach (ah to be young, nubile, and off for the summer!)with family and friends. Turns out her sister was at a funeral last night for a friends husband who died Saturday.

He owned a trucking company, and was delivering furniture when he died in someones bathroom.

Turns out it was the same guy.

This is a small world we live in, for sure.

No joke! Maybve we all live in smaller worlds and just don't see the boundaries!

Archived