3 S

1001gear

• Members

BTW I"M not schticking. You however, are allowed.

The first drummer - kinda noobly, I showed 'em to was like WTF :confused: The next two guys both vets, break into laughter and can't wait to start doodling with 'em.

I luvem. Yes they are a BIG assist in fine motor control. Really. I've never sounded steadier. Also the theory is developing touch. Just like the heavy = stronger/faster

heavy/unwielldy can develop better touch.

Eventually.

Hopefully.

• Members

Yeah, large sticks aren't that much of a problem. They just handle different. Since they are a bigger load, you start earlier with more arm. Touch wise, you don't have to hit as much but you do need to lift more. And since when is lifting a drumstick a problem? (Think Gladstone) And like any flying object, once they're on their way, you just need to be on the catching end.

• Members

This is true with standard stick control but I've found ways to keep the levels at pianissimo - just not real fast (bop rides etc.) Hopefully 'yet' . What is an issue with the tone is the big round tips. They will ping and clang unless a cymbal is particularly shimmery. Aside from that, orchestral percussion levels are entirely doable.

• Members

Do it up, man - I think a good drummer should be able to pick up any stick and deliver consistently with it. My go-to are Silverfox 5Bs, and I love them, but I grabbed some tiny jazz sticks at my friend's kit this weekend and still made around just fine.

Happy drumming! :thu:

Archived