Phil Collins/George Martin "Carry that Weight/Golden Slumbers"

twosticks

• Members

I didn't see this until recently. Part of this is pretty good and some parts are okay. I love the sound of what seems to be the Premier kit in this video. Which is what Phil played mostly in the late 70's and uses as his main kit still in the studio. The Premiers are the deeper pitched and toned drums, the batter only Gretchs are the thinner, higher pitched drums on the chorus.

What do you think?? The video doesn't always match the song but is cool to see the different sets. The drum break goes on a little too long just a tad. Thanks for your input! :thu:

[video=youtube;mTIsAGYz2TA]

• Members

I think it's too bad he felt the need to record a rendition of a song that needed no remaking...

Phil Collins has an amazing track record, and an impressive history/catalog as a drummer/frontman/musician.

But Paul mcCartney he ain't.

• Members

Phil has definitely done some cool stuff (I don't find this video to be one of those things)

But. He chose to walk through the Disney/mass media over saturation door. I am sure the price was right - but don't cry for your credibility after the fact.

There is always a flipside - it is the way of things.

Archived