Self-promoting ideas...

• Members

Get a great graphic designer ( that my general suggestion, I like your poster a lot Terry ). Computers being what they are now days it’s so easy to think we’re all graphic designers, but for me anyway, one or two professionally designed posters lends a lot more credibility than making 50 myself.

• Members

Great idea, Terry - I've seen paper like that at Kinko's back in my "making band fliers" days, but it never occurred to me to use it for a flier - great idea, since the manufacturer already covered the cost of printing in color =)

• Members

Originally posted by Terry Allan Hall

Let's face it...you can never over-promote gigs!

Let's hear y'all's best ideas!

One of mine is to create eye-catching posters/flyers...example below...I get the paper-stock from office supply stores and have gotten a lot of very positive feed-back from both venues and patrons about how cool these look!

Looks nice! Where do you put them? Do you plaster them on polls and bulletin boards etc...?

• Members

I like to make 3 different sized fliers for shows. One that a full page, a half page, and a quarter page. I make them all different thinking that the repetition of the information might help. If people are checking out flyers, they will see mine 3 times instead of one. the little ones are great because people can take them with them. I also put together a little one page foldover magazine about my band that I put our next show information on and give out at shows. That seems to be the best because people have fun with it.

Right now I am working on an e-mail list for all the concert calendars around town. If anyone has one for the Bay Area they'd like to share, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Ken

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. Jimmy

Looks nice! Where do you put them? Do you plaster them on polls and bulletin boards etc...?

Any/everywhere I can...BBs in college/other bookstores, "head shops", washeterias, the windows of venues I perform at (as well as windows of friendly merchants!), on the walls of the venue's restrooms (people gotta have something to read whilst "recycling" last night's pizza & beer! ;) ), power/light poles (where legal to do so...this varies by community, btw!), 1/4 sized "mini-flyers" I/my helpers put under the wind-shield wipers of vehicles (another thing to check the legality of in your area!)...plus, I utilize e-mail/"snail-mail" lists, sending these both ways...

You can NEVER advertise too much! :)

Archived