any of you use guitar effects for your scratching?

The Villano Dude

• Members

this has been plauging me for a while, I have a bunch of stomp boxes for my guitar, and I've always wanted to use them with my decks too, but I don't understand how it's possible to hook them up through the mixer and have them working for all the channels.. Can anyone help me out on this?

• Members

Originally posted by djsynrgy:

this has been plauging me for a while, I have a bunch of stomp boxes for my guitar, and I've always wanted to use them with my decks too, but I don't understand how it's possible to hook them up through the mixer and have them working for all the channels.. Can anyone help me out on this?

What type of mixer do you have? If you have an FX send/return loop you should hook it up to that. If not you should connect your main output to your effects chain and then into your amp. The FX send/return loop is more desirable as you will be able to hear your effected signal in the phones or monitor before everyone else hears them. Let me know how it goes.

• Members

numark dm2000, nothing special, no effects loop. I guess I'd have to go to radio shack and get rca to 1/4" adapters, but by the time my lazy butt does that I'll probably have enough loot to get a new mixer. I've been eyeballing the new pioneer DJM 3000, but not sure yet. I might end up going for a vestax and just adding a kaos pad or something a little later on. I just know I want effects. ;)

• Members

I have a stanton sk-6 mixer which has an effects loop with a button on each channel, including the mic chanel, to engage it. Its a very good mixer for 200.00 new and has all the features I need.

• Members

Originally posted by willncsu:

I have a stanton sk-6 mixer which has an effects loop with a button on each channel, including the mic chanel, to engage it. Its a very good mixer for 200.00 new and has all the features I need.

the sk series is reputedly very good, but doesn't have the features I'd be looking for. It's more intended to be a scratch mixer, while I'm more of a mixer.

Archived