...any Country Music fans here?

• Members

Hey guys. I've been exploring genres for the past few years, searching for the right sound for my vocals. I recorded a full length progressive rock album this past year, and although I absolutely love the heavier stuff, it's nice to sit down with an acoustic and chill from time to time. I've been listening to a lot of the newer country acts, and I'm really impressed with one particular artist. Here's a cover of Mr. Brantley Gilbert's "Whenever We're Alone." This guy is an incredible singer/songwriter. I think he deserves to be right up there with some of today's Country stars. You should definitely check him out. Any type of critique / criticism would be much appreciated on this cover.

[video=youtube;0kjig-VGVZ4]

• Members

Nice work! I'm a huge country fan, but I tend to go for the old-timers--Buck, Merle, George, Waylon, etc. With the exception of Jaime Johnson, no one contemporary really does it for me.

Sorry, I guess that was a mini-rant. Your performance was really good! :thu:

• Members

Thanks Jersey Jack. I know what ya mean. I love the older country as well. I had to let some of the newer stuff grow on me for a long time, but I really enjoy it now.

lol @ ido1957. Like I said, it's good to chill sometimes... BUT, there's nothing like plugging in and making the neighbors' lives hell either.

Thanks again for listening guys! I appreciate it.

• Members

good job on that. good tune too.

Not sure what makes this a country lyric~ strikes me as more of an Edwin McCain or Shawn Mullins thing (I guess country is defined by if it's released on a country label these days). I'd been hearing about Brantley for a long time from servers at a club in Macon I've played that knew him and am finally hearing his music on CMT.

I've started liking stuff like George Jones and Conway Twitty lately...kind of a white soul approach in their inflections.

If you're into modern country stuff there's a guy a play with that's similar to Brantley named Jared Blake.His album's not out yet (I think fall-ish maybe.....)

https://www.facebook.com/jaredblakemusic

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jared-Blake-The-voice/128932217185943

[video=youtube;z7RmMsfGJY8]

• Members

Thanks for all the replies.

b_f_c_99 - I'd love to hear some of your material.

J.Paul - Im digging the video. He's got a pretty cool sound.

Triq - I will not associate with you until my SM7B arrives. lol, jk. Thanks for checking it out! I listened to one of your covers the other day. Very nice. Collaboration maybe? Just a thought.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words from everyone.

• Members

Triq - I will not associate with you until my SM7B arrives. lol, jk. Thanks for checking it out! I listened to one of your covers the other day. Very nice. Collaboration maybe? Just a thought.

You won't associate with me?? Why not? I'm crushed!

/sad face

I'm down for a collab! :D

Archived