Always need something in Hands when singing?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ever since I started playin guitar I feel like I always need something in my hands when singing or else I feel like a tool. Is this normal?

Maybe its cause once you get more used to singin you need to do more {censored} at once to keep you stimulated or something? what do u guys think?

Elena here. Sorry, getting back on topic.

I found it a little hard at first to come out from behind my keyboard or piano to sing solo but now I love it. Just took doing it a few times.

• Members

I feel like playing an instrument has a totally different feel to it than just singing or just playing a guitar or something. Oh and Grace thanks for the youtube input earlier. I feel happily guilty for that one.

• Members

Ever since I started playin guitar I feel like I always need something in my hands when singing or else I feel like a tool. Is this normal?

Maybe its cause once you get more used to singin you need to do more {censored} at once to keep you stimulated or something? what do u guys think?

Keep your fat, dirty fingers off the guitar and use them to do more useful things.

Consider giving the finger to the audience a la Johnny Cash.

Consider beating your audience members up a la 1982 Henry Rollins .

Consider waving your arms like the {censored}ing lunatic you are, attempting to invoke the lord to smite your ex girlfriend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

pointless mic cable winding is always something to try? ;-)
and there's a lot to be done with the mic stand

the kidz of today are learning very bad mic handling techniques by watching some celebs do it

please, no more "claw grip on the SM58" - the gateway to feedback city

if you need it louder, there is a knob labeled "volume" ;-)

but probably, you don't need to be as loud as you think you want to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived