Aspireing metal vocalist.........how am I doing so far?

jr_vw2

• Members

I think its fair to say that few (*none?) of us are really qualified to offer much help on this kind of singing... so yes, you may be barking up the wrong tree here. Not that we don't *want* to help you, just that:

A) Few here are into this subgenre enough to give an informed opinion

B) I am not sure it is a very easy singing style to critique. Most traditional notions of pitch, breathing, rhythm, etc kind of go out the window.

So please try not to judge to harshly...

On a more personal note, I actually love the *music* of this genre but as a singer the vocals just sound decidedly "unmusical" to my ears (in general, not yours specifically).

• Members

Right on. It was not a personal poke by any means. It seems each board on HC has adopted a genre I usually hang out in EG so I really didnt know the crowd in here. But I figured I would give it a shot.

I did however get some usefull feedback on here. But I do agree back before I really got into death metal they really all did sound the same to me as well.

But thanks.

• Members

Hey what I said was not meant to be negative, I honestly think you sound like all others out there wich is not a bad thing since it works very well for the genre, I have no other way of evaluating this type of singing...I am going to see Black Veil Brides tonight in NYC as I stated before in the forum I like the energy and music but the singing sounds the same in all the bands, what sets them appart is the delivery and performance.

Rod

• Moderators

Sounds good man. Post it in the amp forum. A lot of metal heads over there.

Agreed. The guys there are into this stuff. See what they think.

Over here we're more into R&B and hip-hop as opposed to metal/screamocore, etc. :lol:

• Members

RnB? lol. I wish, I think there's more classic rock on this side. A little RnB from the younger people and virtually no Hip-hop, it's almost non-existent. A pocket or two of older pop music finds its home here as well, I think.

• Moderators

RnB? lol. I wish, I think there's more classic rock on this side. A little RnB from the younger people and virtually no Hip-hop, it's almost non-existent. A pocket or two of older pop music finds its home here as well, I think.

I was being sarcastic :facepalm:

Archived