URB, ERB, Fretless & More: The Bassius Video Thread !

Bassius

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched all your vids and I like 'em.

When you were using the bow, I had a vision in my head of an old silent movie! Like Nosforatu (Sp?) or something!:D Must be the sound the bow does of something?

You HAVE to do a few vids with your Conklins, I wanna see them in action so bad!

A quick Q.

How are you getting the sound of the bass into the cam? Using you're Ampegs or what?

Keep them coming and PLEEEAAAAASSSSE do some electric bass ones as well.

I would like to know more about tapping and stuff and getting each hand to act individually? What I mean is to be able to play Manring or Wooten style, where you're left hand is bass, and you're right hand is tapping (not necesaserily tho'!).

I can tap pretty well, but how to incorporate that into a song is where I get stuck.

Also, scales and scale patterns and using a chord to do some 'fills' during the song. As in, like Billy Sheehan, say the key is 'A' and the bass is just doing a simple penatonic scale in A to fill in the gaps. I would like to know how you would go about adding more to the song, to give it some more dynamics in the bass area and how you could use different scale patterns and notes of different chords etc. Make sense?:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by willbill0587

A quick Q.

How are you getting the sound of the bass into the cam? Using you're Ampegs or what?

I'm playing my URB acoustically...no mics or amps

that's just the bass sound to the cam-mic

• Members

Aha! You just helped me figure out how to play my solo live. Thanks man! Awesome info. :D

EDIT: Wicked arco lesson. I now know why I squeak so much. I've been using pressure and not keeping my bow parallel. You're a good teacher!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived